Partners Iraq, established in 2017, serves as the Baghdad-based field office for PartnersGlobal, an international non-governmental organization with 30 years of experience building local capacities to advance democratic institutions, civil society, and a culture of change and conflict management worldwide. Partners Iraq champions this mission by empowering citizens to build sustainable peace in Iraq, especially through inclusive reconciliation and reintegration, community security, and tribal mediation.
PartnersGlobal specializes in organizational development and social entrepreneurship, having provided the seed capital and technical assistance to establish 21 local Centers throughout the world. Together, these Centers compose the Partners Network, of which Partners Iraq is the newest member. Building on nearly 15 years of PartnersGlobal programming experience in Iraq, as well as tools, resources, and expertise from other Network members around the world, Partners Iraq is establishing itself as a preeminent peacebuilding organization in Baghdad.
Primary Objective: The upcoming months will be a period of rapid startup for the Partners Iraq team. The Iraq team’s portfolio of projects has focused on conflict resolution and mitigation, reconciliation, reintegration of internally displaced persons, youth engagement, and women’s empowerment. We are now seeking a qualified Program Assistant with administrative experience and an eagerness to learn program and financial management. Specifically, the position will work with Baghdad-based team members to support every aspect of program implementation and office operations to ensure organizational success. They will work with a dynamic team of professionals who are passionate about their work and must work effectively in highly collaborative environments.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of a vibrant organization that already has a track record of impressive work that is well respected by donors and local organizations alike. PartnersGlobal has a strong portfolio of projects not only across the MENA region but also in Africa, Europe, and Latin America.
- Assist the Senior Program Manager and Program Manager in the day-to-day operations of all project implementation and office logistics;
- Assist with scheduling, correspondence, meeting minutes, travel arrangements, and other administrative items as needed;
- Carry out logistics, invitations, and planning for trainings, workshops, and events related to projects;
- Coordinate training plans with partner staff, identify training needs, and develop, implement and maintain training plans;
- Maintain, monitor, and measure project implementation data entry, keeping program manager informed at all times;
- Contribute to communications and outreach materials, including social media, impact flyers, and one-pagers;
- Liaise with local partners and affiliates in programmatic updates, business development efforts, and the financial report review process;
- Participate in the design and development of new programs including background research and activity design;
- Attend relevant conferences and external meetings as appropriate;
- Fulfill other duties as assigned such as meeting follow-ups, preparation of presentations and talking points, copy-editing, etc.
Qualifications and Abilities:
- A minimum of 1-2 years of related administrative experience for a non-profit or in the field of international development
- Bachelor’s degree required in related field or at least 2 years of experience supporting NGO projects (project design, start-up, implementation, and close-out) with similar organization;
- Must be a team player with a high level of interpersonal skills. Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment;
- Fluency in Arabic, with high proficiency in written and spoken English;
- High-level proficiency in MS Excel. High-level proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) required. High-level proficiency with social media platforms;
- Ability to analyze, organize, problem-solve, manage, and prioritize work.
- High level of interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with U.S. and Iraqi staff and civil society, government and the private sector actors;
- Ability to both work independently and contribute to the broader team;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to meet strict deadlines;
- Responds to tasks and any issues in a timely and appropriate manner.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than September 30, 2018. As the subject of your email, please write: “Application: PI Program Assistant.” No telephone calls, please.
Partners is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on sex, gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, pregnancy, marital status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.