- September 23, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
Programme Development Coordinator
The Programme Development Coordinator will support the Head of Programme Development and Resourcing to lead the development of programmes and proposals in the Uganda Country Office. The role will be responsible for ensuring coherence between project documents, including log frames, narrative proposals and budgets and for providing direct writing support during proposal development processes. This includes coordination among partners in consortia arrangements.
This role will work closely with the colleagues across the country office, particularly with the PDQ technical team, including MEAL, Advocacy and Communications, Finance and Awards. The post covers both development and refugee response programming. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
The PD Coordinator must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to represent SC Uganda with other INGO partners, donors and member offices from within Save the Children Federation.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Master’s degree in Program/NGO management, social studies, development studies or alike.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in NGO or similar environment (preferably on children’s rights)
- Solid experience in more than one of the Save the Children priority sectors: Education, FS/L, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, in development and emergencies
- Practical experience and successful track record in writing and leading proposals for a variety of donors, particularly EU/ECHO, USAID, DFID, private sector foundations and UNICEF
- Good knowledge of the development and emergency donor environment and expectations in Uganda
- Good knowledge of the landscape of implementing partners and government structures in Uganda (preferred)
- Familiarity with project design methods and tools (including assessments, logical frameworks, and work planning) and budgeting; strong appreciation for innovation and partnership as part of project development.
- Good interpersonal skills, effective negotiator, with proven ability to positively influence cross departmental and cross sector working
- Good personal organisational skills, including time management, analytical skills and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
- Information Communication Technology literate
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on October 3rd 2021 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=cy5tYmVrZWthLjQ2MDExLjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmFvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ