Position: Program Manager, Global Health Security
Area/ Program: Health System Strengthening
Reports To: Country Representatives with close coordination with Project Director (UGM)
Supervisory Responsibility: Yes
Project HOPE is a global health and humanitarian relief organization, providing lasting solutions to health problems with the mission of placing power in the hands of local health workers to save lives across the globe. Project HOPE is registered as Yayasan (Foundation) in Indonesia.
Code of Conduct
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to treat each other with respect, take affirmative steps to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse and Trafficking in Persons, and to disclose all potential and actual violations of our Code of Conduct, which may include Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption, Discrimination or Harassment. Together we can reinforce a culture of respect, integrity, accountability and transparency.
Project HOPE, in Partnership with the Center for Health Policy and Management (CHPM) at Gadjah Mada University are supporting the Indonesian Government, primarily the Ministry of Health (MOH), to achieve Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) targets; implement International Health Regulations (IHR) (2005) core competencies; and prevent, detect, and respond to public health threats by targeting activities to strengthen capacity in Real-Time Surveillance and Reporting and Emergency Management and Response.**
This project is part of the Healthy People 2030 agenda. The goal and objectives are:
- Increase the number of public health events of international importance that are monitored and reported
- Increase the number of individuals trained globally to prevent, detect, or respond to public health threats
- Increase the laboratory diagnostic testing capacity, surveillance system, and routine reporting in countries and regionally
The objectives to achieve the IHR in Real-time Surveillance and Reporting are:
- Accurate assessment of indicator and event-based surveillance and reporting systems to detect public health threats
- Improve interoperable, electronic real-time reporting
- Increase the capacity of indicator-based surveillance and event system at national and sub-national level
The objectives under Public Health Emergency Management Response are:
- Increase the capacity of the Ministry of Health to activate emergency operations through the development of curricula and standard operating procedures (SOPs) and plans
- Emergency operations staff are trained in PHECO and available for response
- International infection and prevention protocols for identification of health care workers and hospitalized patients established
Project HOPE seeks a Program Manager for Global Health Security who will work closely with the Principal Investigator and Project Director to provide strategic leadership and vision in support GHSA targets and implement IHR core competencies in real-time surveillance and establishing public health emergency operations. The position is based in Jakarta. She/he is expected to lead the project in the development, implementation, oversight, and evaluation of programming. Emphasis will be placed on strategic development, resource acquisition, quality improvement, quality control, and staff development with local partners. He/she will support the Project Director (Position under UGM as the lead of the partnerships), in building and develop collaboration with CDC-funded and non-CDC funded programs through multi-sector stakeholder meetings with national and sub-national representation from the Ministry of Health (MOH), Ministry of Agriculture (MOAg), Ministry of Education (MOE), Ministry of Environment and Forestry (wildlife health), Ministry of Environment and Forestry (wildlife health), National and sub-national Disaster Agencies (BNPB) other Ministries, universities, NGOs, Provincial and District Level Health Officers and staff from the PHEOC and Crisis Centers. The role also requires the ability to multi-task and handle complex and competing priorities.
Some of the tasks under real-time reporting and surveillance may include developing training packages for surveillance, assisting with the establishment of dashboards for surveillance data visualization and routine data analysis. Some of the tasks under public health emergency operations may include supporting the development of SOPs for public health emergency management (e.g. incident management system, risk communication and community engagement) facilitating workshops for PHEOC staff on incident management systems, risk communication and community engagement and early warning systems, and supporting the development of IPC protocols for case management of patients and healthcare workers.
- Masters degree (with relevant first degree) in health science; Medicines, Pharmacy or Public Health (PhD or MD would be preferred) from reputable university.
- Minimum 8 (eight) years of similar experience in the field of Health Science with government, private sector and/or NGOs or minimum 4 (four) year experience for PhD degree in similar above field of education.
- Excellent organizational, planning, M&E and coordination skills.
- Technical knowledge, programmatic experiences on implement International Health Regulations and managing US CDC and or USAID program will be preferred.
- Prior experience managing a health system strengthening program in collaboration with Ministry of Health is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrative ability to multitask.
- Strong office program computer skills, literacy in statistical software is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and excellent writing skills.
Application Deadline: Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and the position will be filled as soon as there is a suitable match. Hence, interested candidates are encouraged to apply at the earliest
Application Process: Interested candidates should send a Covering Letter (with expected salary), mentioning the job title in the subject line along with their recent CV as a word/pdf document attachment to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a Covering Letter (with expected salary), mentioning the job title in the subject line along with their recent CV as a word/pdf document attachment to email: email@example.com