Caritas International Belgium (CI.be) is a Belgian INGO with headquarters in Brussels. Caritas International Belgium is part of a worldwide confederation of which the coordinating body (Caritas Internationalis) is located in Rome (Vatican City). We execute our mission without distinction of origins, nationality or gender; or political, religious or philosophical beliefs. The general goal of this 18 month program in the refugee settlements of Kyaka II (Kyegewa) and Kyangwali (Hoima) is to improve the living conditions of mainly Congolese refugees – in particular livelihoods.
- The program manager will be working under the direction of the country representative and will support him in preparing all evaluations, audits and donor reports.
- She/he will support the 2 local partners, Caritas Hoima and Caritas Fort Portal, in coordinating with OPM, UNHCR and the other NGOs working in the settlements.
- She/he will be responsible for supporting communication/PR, advocacy, and all other local fundraising efforts (including networking) and initiatives of partners in the region.
- She/he will set up an effective PME system and advise the local partners in all areas of program management. She/he will ensure that all Belgium-funded programs are implemented in line with work plans, time frames and program objectives.
- She/he will ensure harmony between financial and programming aspects of program management.
- She/he will assist in PME, reporting and proposal writing for other Caritas Belgium programs in Uganda.
Tasks and responsibilities
Coordination and general management of the DGD program (program funded by DGD – Belgium government)
- Prepares and revises partnership agreements for all implementing partners;
- Support partners in improving M&E systems and practices;
- Supports the writing of program proposals and reports;
- Develops program monitoring tools, and ensures that they are properly understood and utilized by the implementing partners;
- Ensures that the humanitarian principles and quality standards in program management of Caritas International Belgium are respected;
- Validates quarterly work plans and monitors program implementation;
- Participates in all procurement and recruitment procedures done under this program;
- Monitors efficient and effective use of program resources by the partners;
- Checks and validates all payment requests under the DGD program;
- Receives quarterly consolidated financial reports from the program’s financial-administrative advisor and monitors the links with narrative reporting;
- Supports the communication unit of Caritas International Belgium by providing material for the preparation of articles and visibility tools;
- Supervises the CI.be program’s financial-administrative advisor and the program’s agronomist advisor.
Financial-administrative advice to Caritas Hoima and Fort Portal
- Provides permanent coaching to partners about the financial-administrative regulations of the Belgian back-donor;
- Supports partners in optimizing their financial-administrative systems and procedures;
- Monitors all bank movements (of the accounts dedicated to Caritas Belgium programs), all exchange operations and all expenses done by partners in order to ensure their compliance with the regulations of the donors;
- Participates in all local tender procedures;
- Advises the partners on all issues linked to the management of the assets used under Caritas Belgium programs (motorbikes, cars, computers, …).
Financial-administrative coordination of the program
- Supports the drafts and validates all forecasts, budgets and reporting templates;
- Ensures that all financial and administrative documentation of the CIBE-hub and the implementing partners is compliant with donor rules;
- Supervises regular expedition of financial documentation to Caritas Belgium (and/or uploading of digital copies on the Caritas Belgium server);
- Supports the financial advisor in consolidating the financial reports of the implementing partners and headquarters into consolidated donor reports;
- Prepares financial audits of all Caritas Belgium programs in Uganda (in collaboration with the regional representative in Kampala).
Profile and skills
- Master’s Degree in development studies, international relations, economics, sociology, agronomy or other relevant fields.
- Minimum 7 years of INGO experience in monitoring/managing emergency and/or rural development programs (with a focus on Food Security and Livelihoods).
- Experience working with institutional donors (DGD, ECHO, EU, …).
- Experience working in a role of institutional advisor.Excellent knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel.
- Proven capacity in program management and innovation.
- Integrity and ethics.
- Team player who knows when to take responsibility and when to delegate to others.
- Proficiency in program planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation
- Ability to draft and deliver concise, high quality narrative and financial reports within the agreed time-frames.
How to apply
Send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before November 2nd, 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.