Closing date: 30 Sep 2018
CARE is a member of the CARE International Network, which supports and manages emergency and development projects in nearly 90 countries around the world. CARE is an association of non-sectarian, apolitical and independent international solidarity that, in a sustainable development approach, helps and empowers the poor while protecting their economic and social rights.
Since 2017, CARE France has been involved in more than 30 countries. The team present in Paris brings together some forty people. To find out more about CARE: www.carefrance.org
CARE France is looking in the [department name] for a ” Africa / Middle East Program Officer “.
Description of the mission
The purpose of this position is to support the implementation and develop the CARE France programmatic portfolio in its area / thematic intervention
The missions are as follows:
- He / she will develop relationships with CARE representatives, partners and donors, particularly institutional ones.
- He / She will bring programmatic and contractual added value to the country offices and will contribute to ensuring and improving the quality of implementation of the operations supported by the association, notably by:
o Added value offered by the desk at country offices
o Quality of project implementation by country offices
o Relational quality established with donors (monitoring and operational support with country offices).
Training and experience:
- University training BAC + 5 in international humanitarian aid, international relations, humanitarian and development, agronomy, sciences of education, health, (depending on the technical expertise sought) or other training relevant for the job
- Field experience (ideally in the intervention area) and headquarters are highly valued
- 3 years of experience in an equivalent function in international NGO.
Skills and qualities required:
- Good editorial quality
- Good control of the Office Pack
- Knowledge of the main institutional backers and their procedures (Knowledge of Trust Funds / Trust Funds of the highly valued European Union)
- Mastery of the project cycle
- Administrative and financial management of project and contract management
- Technical mastery depending on the position
- Bargaining capacity
- Capacity of presentation and representation
- Ability to interact: relationships with funders,
- Managerial capacity
- Knowledge of issues and the functioning of the international development and solidarity sector
- Perfect command of French and English.
Terms and conditions of application
Contract : 6 month fixed term
Status : non-executive
Beginning date: 15/10/2018
Salary: 31500+ Advantages (restaurant vouchers – 9 € including 5 € taken care of by CARE + 50% transport card + mutual insurance)
Workplace: Paris 19 °, with travel to be expected on the ground up to 50%
Interested candidates should send their curriculum vitae and a letter of motivation in French to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the reference: Program Officer AMO
Deadline for application: 30/09/2018
CARE encourages diversity in recruiting. With equal qualifications, CARE studies applications from women and men fairly.
Due to a large number of applications, we are unable to respond individually to each applicant. Only selected people will be contacted directly. If you have not received a response from us within 3 weeks of submitting your application, please consider your application as unsuccessful.