This position ensures the provision of timely and suitable administrative, logistics, procurement, and public relations support such as: managing documents, organizing of events, managing contracts and agreements, assisting to finalize and implement annual communications plan and managing AWO ROSEA official website and its social media accounts.
The position is based in Makati City, with occasional project visits to other provinces and to the project countries for the purpose of monitoring and technical support.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities in the following areas:
- Support the conceptualization and implementation of the Regional Office’s Communications Plan for a 3-year project cycle, aligned with AWO International Communications Framework.
- Ensure knowledge management in both program sectors (Humanitarian and Development Cooperation) and in administration for continuous strong relevance, effectiveness, and sustainability of AWO Intl. interventions. (e.g. support updating and aligning of guidelines, gather and document lessons learnt)
Networking and Coordination
- Establish and maintain contact with potential media partners.
- Regularly represents AWO International in various events such as national and regional level cluster meetings, forum, and networks.
- Establish and maintain regular information exchange with communications and public relations officers of German and international organizations (GIZ, German Embassy, UN) on the thematic issue of Safe Migration and Human Trafficking.
- Assist in the revision of the project log frame matrix, particularly in the performance indicators and measurements.
- Assist in the development and/ or finalization of the projects’ Annual Work Plans and keep it updated and in accordance with project activities and timeframe as relevant.
- Develop a plan for project-related capacity building on Development Communications and Visibility for partners, for any support that may be required.
Public Relations (PR) and Documentation
- Contribute to PR materials for AWO International’s Program.
- Finalize and follow-up on the implementation of the annual communications plan.
- Manage and update AWO ROSEA official website and its social media accounts.
- Set up and manage a photo data base for partner organizations and RO SEA and monitor.
- Monitor the proper implementation of branding standards of AWO International, and other funding partners. Support AWO partners in their public relations and communication efforts upon request.
- Participate in external communication and networking for civil society and media mobilization.
- Submit articles on program related topics for the Regional Office and Berlin Office.
- Initiate collating, designing, editing, and generating PR materials in accordance with visibility guidelines and inputs from RO and/or Berlin Office, and overseeing its distribution. (e.g. flyers, project briefs, bulletins, banners, calendars)
- Provide logistical including drafting of correspondence, guest list management, vendor follow-up and other support, as necessary.
- Formulate concept notes, programs, and invites of the events.
- Participate in planning and preparation of the event budget and work program. Serve as the primary focal point for event preparations
- Administer the RO SEA internal Project Management tool (MS Planner) by managing and following-up of tasks, and regular updating
- Document management and filing according to AWO International’s filing plan.
- Minute taking, revising and distribution.
Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned by the Director as need arises.
The job holder fulfils all abovementioned tasks under the overall supervision of the Director of the Regional Office and in close consultation with the RO SEA Program Officers, Coordinators, RO SEA Admin Officer and responsible Officers at AWO International, Berlin Office.
The Program Support Associate performs additional administrative tasks as assigned by the Program Officers for Philippines and Indonesia.
Job Specifications & Qualifications:
The suitable candidate will meet the following requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Development Studies, Communications, Journalism, Social Sciences, or similar subject
• 2 years’ work experience in an International Organization, Non- Government Organization and Diplomatic Agency, or similar
• Advanced working knowledge of relevant computer software (e.g. MS Office, InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop) and fluency in written and oral English, working knowledge in Bisaya and Bahasa Indonesia would be a plus
• Excellent writing skills, knowledge in online media (Social Media, Website) campaigning and content management, good facilitation skills and competence in external communication and networking
• Familiarity with Results-Based Project Management incl. project planning and monitoring
• Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment, to meet tight deadlines and to effectively handle competing demands
• Applicant must have a learning attitude, good analytical skills; and be available for field trips
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27 November 2020.
Please address your applications to:
Ms Kerstin Grimm
AWO International Regional Office Southeast Asia
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for a written examination and an interview.