Career with BRAC International
BRAC is a development success story, spreading anti-poverty solutions born in Bangladesh to 11 other developing countries in Asia and Africa, making it a global leader in providing opportunities for the world’s poor.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir FazleHasan Abed, and is today one of the top leaders in developing cost-effective, evidence-based poverty innovations in extremely poor, fragile and post-disaster settings. BRAC started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002through the Stichting BRAC International, which is registered in the Netherlands. BRAC International is currently reaching over 19 million people beyond Bangladesh and creating opportunities to break the cycle of poverty.
With a holistic approach that uses a wide array of interventions including microfinance, education, healthcare, legal services and more, BRAC invests in communities’ own human and material resources, catalyzing lasting change and creating an ecosystem in which the poor have the chance to seize control of their own lives. Of the world’s top development and humanitarian relief organisations, BRAC is one of the few based in the global south. In January 2018, BRAC was ranked as the number one NGO in the world for the third consecutive year by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent media organisation committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector.
BRAC International is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position:
Programme Analyst, Asia Region
Job Location:BRAC International Head Office, Dhaka
The Programme Analyst, Asia Region will support the Director, Asia Region to ensure that country programmes are implemented and reported on in a timely and of a qualitative manner according to the Country and Regional Programme Strategies and that the projects and programs are well represented internally and externally.
Job responsibilities of the role Include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct comprehensive programme analysis, report for an anticipated support services
- Search literature for pertinent comparative data and coordinate with other regional centres to share best practices and lessons learned
- Participate in expense and revenue forecasting, support and coordinate with country programmes, anchors and departments in preparing various reports of Asia Region for Director, Board, Policy Committees, Funding Agencies, and other organisations
- Support countries and Regional Management by collecting and sending required documents
- Coordinate with monitoring staff and anchors and provide an analysis of the Asia Region to the Director to decide major strategic decisions and action points
- Collect, review, analyze the Country Management Team (CMT) meeting minutes, update the Director of Asia Region, convey major decisions to the programme and department staff keeping Country Representatives and Director in loop
- Support Director-Asia in organising events for Asia Region and as required for other events.
Post-graduate/Master’s degree in Development Studies/ Development Economics/ Economics/ Statistics or any likely subject under Social Sciences from internationally reputed universities
- Results-driven with proven success in programme analysis and reporting
- Energetic, entrepreneurial, proactive with excellent relationship management and influencing skills
- Superior ability to coordinate with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and commitment to poverty eradication, global justice, social change, and gender equality
- Extensive knowledge and experience in data analysis and development of quantitative and qualitative reports
- Strong command on Microsoft office
- Experienced in using analysis software like SPSS and communication software like Adobe Photoshop or any other relevant software
- Advance level of oral and written proficiency in English
Minimum 3 (three) years experience in relevant position with development organisations.
Employment type: Contractual
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
External candidatesneed to apply online throughcareers.brac.netor email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal candidatesneed to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email email@example.com
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 02/19 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.