The Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS) intends to recruit a Programme Associate for the implementation of the Italian component of the “Recovery, Stability and socio-economic development in Libya” Programme (hereafter referred to as “the Programme”), financed by the European Union and implemented by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS), the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF).
The contract duration will be eight months – including a three-month probation period – with possible extension, subject to needs, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
The Programme Associate assists the AICS Programme Management Unit (PMU) in all relevant tasks. The Programme Associate reports to the PMU Team Leader. S/he supports the correct implementation of the Programme in close collaboration with the PMU Team (based in both Tunis and Tripoli), and in consultation with relevant AICS and Embassy officials in Tunis and Tripoli.
In particular, the Programme Associate will:
- Provide overall technical and operational support to the work of the Programme Management Unit (PMU), including the preparation of technical documents and reports;
- Assist in the preparation and evaluation of tenders for service contracts and calls for proposals for grants, in monitoring the technical implementation of contracts and outsourced services, in the report review/clearance and relevant follow up action, including payment requests;
- Contribute to partner and stakeholder relationships, including liaison with the EU Delegations/Headquarters, UNDP and UNICEF partners, Programme Governing Bodies, as well as with the concerned Libyan stakeholders at central and local level (e.g. Ministries and municipal authorities);
- Assist in the interaction between the PMU and (i) implementing partners/service providers, with regards to programmatic and security matters; (ii) Libyan central and local authorities to expedite operations (e.g. custom clearance, approvals, etc.); and (iii) in AICS with regard to administrative, procurement, legal, and financial compliance;
- Contribute to the development of concepts and innovative approaches to best achieve the expected results;
- Perform other relevant activities as required.**
Candidates will be considered eligible for selection on the basis of the following essential requirements (points 2.1 and 2.2), to be fulfilled by the deadline for applications:
Qualifications and skills
- Master’s level university degree in International Relations, Political and Social Sciences, International Development or related fields of studies (level 7 European Qualification Framework EQF). Other degrees (level 7 European Qualification Framework EQF) may be accepted in the presence of highly qualified professional experiences in the humanitarian and/or development sector;
- Fluency in written and spoken English (C1 Level – Common European Framework of Reference);
- Fluency in written and spoken Italian (C1 Level – Common European Framework of Reference).
Professional experience and competencies
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience working with international organizations, governmental and/or non-governmental aid bodies on socio-economic development and/or humanitarian relief projects and programmes, of which at least 1 year working in developing countries;
- Experience with (i) project planning, management and monitoring; and (ii) coordination with field teams and implementing partners;
- Experience with data collection, analysis and reporting;
- Experience with the preparation of communications material and support to external relations;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office packages (MS Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Being immediately available for appointment.
The following preferred requirements will also be taken into consideration:
- Postgraduate diplomas (Level 8 EQF) and/or additional training in International Cooperation and/or Development Studies;
- Previous working experience with international organizations, the EU, and governmental and non-governmental bodies (i) on fragile states and emergency programs, (ii) in the Middle East and North Africa region, (iii) in Libya;
- Experience with inter-institutional liaison and stakeholder coordination platforms;
- Previous experience with projects in support of municipal service delivery, urban resilience and social inclusion;
- Previous working experience with the Italian Cooperation (MAECI DGCS / AICS);
- Experience with the European Union’s project cycle management and procedures;
- Knowledge of Arabic.
Applicants are encouraged to download the Vacancy Announcement at this link:
How to apply
The submission of the application duly signed should indicate the number of the vacancy announcement. The application should be written in English and include:
- Signed Legally Binding Statement (according to art. 46 of Italian D.P.R. 28.12.2000 n. 445) – as per attached template;
- Signed Curriculum vitae in English (Europass format);
- Signed motivation letter in English;
- Signed copy of valid passport.
The applications, duly dated and signed and in pdf. format, should be submitted to the following email address: email@example.com, cc firstname.lastname@example.org 10 April 2020 at 24.00 midnight(Central European time). The subject of the email must contain the vacancy announcement number 01/AICSTUNISI/2020.
Please note that only complete applications (including documents 1, 2, 3, and 4) received within the deadline will be accepted and considered.