To coordinate headquarters support and supply for DFID RRF-funded COVID-19 activities in South Sudan, Pakistan, Yemen, Central African Republic (CAR) and Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
To work closely with country directors and their teams to ensure proper planning and implementation of activities as per work plans and expenditure pipelines.
Maintain an open line of communication with the Senior Directors of the regional platforms for programmatic aspects, the regional Technical Advisors for technical public health aspects and regional logistics coordinator for supply chain aspects.
· Proactively ensure support for RRF activities through IMC’s COVID-19 management structure integrating International Programs, Emergency Response and Technical Advisory and Global Logistics units with functional departments
· Monitor logistics support for the implementation of programs.
· Oversee program spending per budgets and pipelines.
· Provide recommendations for budget realignments as required.
· Monitor, evaluate and support implementation of accountability initiatives and practices across country missions.
· Ensure implementation plans are in compliance with security protocols and policies.
· Lead the production of accurate and timely reports internally and to UK DFID, while ensuring confidentiality of sensitive information.
· Collaborate with IMC’s Finance department to ensure timely submission of financial reports.
· Ensure reporting contributes to the effective management of the programme and meets donor quality standards and compliance regulations.
· Collaborate with the MEAL unit to track and report Value for Money of COVID-19 support and results.
· Facilitate development of internal and external communications products with the Communications Unit and country teams.
· Support representation to donors and external actors. Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organizations Code of Conduct, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to internal and external actors.
3.Other duties as assigned by the agency.
· This Job description is subject to review to ensure it meets the needs of the agency and reflects its strategic direction.
· Direct Reports: TBD
· Geographic Scope: From HQ, support COVID-19 activities in
South Sudan, Pakistan, Yemen, CAR and DRC
Relevant Degree in
international development or Public Health
Master’s Degree in public health or
· Experience in headquarters-based humanitarian response project support and results reporting.
· Experience in managing similar projects
· Experience with donor specific procedures Experience managing budgets and preparing timely, complete and accurate reports
Extensive experience in humanitarian response country-level implementation and results reporting.
· Demonstrated experience and understanding of International Medical Corps logistics management practices and procedures preferred
· Experience with DFID funded project
Skills & Competencies
· Demonstrated ability to resolve operational critical challenges as they arise
· Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with analytic approach
· Strong interpersonal, management and leadership skills
· Ability to collaborate across headquarters departments to assess needs, implement and monitor activities
· Ability to integrate and work well within multi-ethnic and multicultural teams
· Proficiency with MS Word and Excel
· Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret, technical and non-technical in English
Ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions
· Demonstrated experience with UK-DFID award management requirements
Fluency in English
Fluency in French or Arabic desirable
Ability and willingness to travel to implementing countries as necessary and when safe.
This job description is subject to review to ensure that it reflects the requirements of International Medical Corps UK.
The tasks listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding and any suggested violation to our Code of Conduct, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report.
International Medical Corps UK is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation
How to apply
How to apply
Candidates who can demonstrate that they meet individual specifications and can prove that they have the right to work in the UK should send application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application should include CV and cover letter stating how you meet each requirement and why you are interested in the role.
5PM UK time on 15 May 2020. We reserve the right to close this vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Please note that due to the urgency to fill this role, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we reserve to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient application. Should you wish to apply for this post you are advised to submit your application as soon as possible.