Can you provide strategic direction at a branch level to a young and engaged National Society, ensure technical quality and accountability of programmes and drive the strengthening of management systems and capacities as part of the DRC country office in South Sudan? Then it’s you we are looking for.
The Programme Delegate position forms part of the Danish Red Cross (DRC) South Sudan Country Office and the Africa Region, reporting directly to the DRC South Sudan Country Manager. The Country Office consist of four delegetes including you and the Country Manager
DRC has been present in South Sudan and supporting the South Sudan Red Cross (SSRC) since 2006. From 2012 onward DRC worked with the Disaster Management Department in SSRC to enhance the department’s ability to respond to the humanitarian needs in the country. DRC has supported SSRC with establishing multi-sector Emergency Action Teams. DRC is present in Jonglei state since 2014 through a project that is aiming to provide emergency lifesaving humanitarian support to the conflict affected population. Based on the success of this DRC had expanded into protection and resilience programming and through Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs funding developed the Integrated Community Resilience Project, now in its 3rd year across 6 locations, it seeks to allow communities to shape projects to their individual communities, while supporting the capacity building of the Bor Branch to undertake this project. Through this project DRC are, with ICRC, piloting Community Based Protection and Humanitarian mediation in Bor and Rumbek, a project that looks to reshape the way the SSRC views programming and its Protection strategy
The Programme Delegate is responsible for the effective and timely technical and project management support to the SSRC in Bor County and projects in South Sudan, in accordance with SSRC and DRC strategies and policies. A key component of the role is to develop the branch level management capacity of South Sudan Red Cross (SSRC) in programme planning and implementation in South Sudan. Support missions to DRC supported projects in throughout South Sudan and other countries in the region may occur.
- Continue a strong focus on supporting the SSRC Bor Branch in implementing the Integrated Community Resilience project
- Work closely with the branch staff to develop their technical skills/capacity in the area of volunteer management and psychosocial support with a learning-by-doing/on-the-job-training approach with technical support from the DRC PS delegate and/or other DRC delegates
- Support branch to prepare for and respond to natural disasters with technical support from DRC DM Delegate in close collaboration with SSRC HQ DM department and relevant ICRC delegates and staff
- Work closely with the branch staff in supporting, mentoring and supervising volunteers in implementation of activities and monitoring & evaluation in order to increase volunteer motivation and enhance the quality of programme activities
- Contribute to in-country Movement coordination at branch level especially between SSRC, ICRC and DRC
- Be the focal point for the ongoing engagement in Community based protection and Humanitarian mediation with ICRC and SSRC and the focal point for the Food drops Project with ICRC and SSRC
- Support DRC start up interventions in Malakal and Bentiu
- Support implementation of psychosocial activities implemented by the branch in close collaboration with the DRC PS delegate
- Contribute to reports in accordance with DRCs yearly planning tool and Standard Operational Procedures. The reports include Programme Progress and Final Report, Quarterly Reports, Programme and Project Orientation (PPO) and reports to back-donors (EU/ECHO/Innovative funds/ Denmark Collection/ Friendship funds)
- Monitor budget follow up at branch level
Experience and Qualifications: A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in development and/or humanitarian project management and programming. Understanding of capacity building of national partners, ideally of Red Cross / Red Crescent National Societies and local branches
- Full cycle of programme management (including experience with conducting baseline/needs assessments, planning of programme activities, develop programme proposals, capacity building and mentoring, evaluations)
- Proven experience in advising and developing local staff including training, mentoring and facilitation skills
- A solid understanding of and experience with psychosocial support activities
- Working experience with EU/ECHO/DANIDA etc. and reporting procedures is an asset
- Technical expertise within volunteer management
- An understanding of financial management
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills.
- Calm with a good sense of Humour
Employment conditions: Two-year contract (twenty-four months) non family status per standard DRC Terms and Conditions for Delegates on Long Term Missions.
The position is located at DRC South Sudan office the South Sudan Red Cross compound in Bor, South Sudan, with travel to the field programmes in Malakal and Bentiu, as well as visits to Juba and occasionally to DRC HQ in Copenhagen (Denmark).
DRC monthly salary range is DKK 41,900 – 43,000 (depending on qualifications and experience of the selected candidate). Housing and insurance provided to delegates.
Please not that applications will only be accepted through the online platform and those sent to Krishnan Nair directly will not be considered.
How to apply: Click on Send Application below and send your written motivation letter in English and upload your CV, after creating a profile. Deadline for application: Sunday 19 May 2019.
Your future work place: The Red Cross is always present. We save lives every day, and we equip people with the tools they need to get through crises and disasters. In Denmark, we create communities and help vulnerable people in society lead safe and healthy lives.
We help people on both sides of a conflict and in the remotest corners of the world, egardless of their religion, race or political views.
We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization with 17 million volunteers in 189 countries. We are part of your local community no matter where you live. With your help, we can be wherever we are needed, always.
Please use this link to apply: https://drk.easycruit.com/intranet/international/vacancy/2300475/68800?i…