SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year. To support us with this important responsibility we are now looking for committed Regional Programme Development Advisor.
Programme Development Advisor International Office Region West, Central and North Africa
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the leadership of the Director of Programmes IOR WCNA, the Programme Advisor supports programme development within the WCNA region with a focus on 4 to 5 countries. As the main counterpart of national programmes staff, the Programme Advisor builds capacity of and provides technical expertise to national Programme teams. She/he monitors the implementation of organisational and international quality standards, policies, and policy support documents in SOS Children’s Village Programmes and on national level. She/he contributes to the development of standards and policies in her/his area of expertise and as required on regional level.
· Master’s degree (or equivalent) in psychology, social work, child protection, education, community/programme development, gender, child and youth development or related field
· Technical expertise in alternative care, community empowerment/development, child protection, gender and/or results-based management is highly desirable
· At least 3 years managing resources and providing support to field offices
· Project management experience
· Experience coordinating processes with large groups of stakeholders
· Team player
· Experience working in North Africa
· Strong written and verbal communication skills in both French and Arabic, English desirable
· Be able to successfully and productively resolve problems
· Be able to successfully manage time, plans, projects and other related tasks
· Be able to adequately function in a high expectancy and demanding position, including significant travel
· Be able to continuously meet targets and surpass expectations
· Be able to work comfortably in a matrix management system
· Commitment to the values of SOS CVI
· Diverse, creative and challenging opportunities in an international working environment
· Possibility to make significant contribution towards the development of Member Associations in the Region
· Competitive compensation package and excellent development opportunities
· In accordance with the organisation’s child protection policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks
What We Stand For:
SOS Children’s Villages is committed to creating and maintaining a caring and protective environment, which promotes its core values, and prevents and addresses child abuse and exploitation. We strongly condemn all forms of child abuse and exploitation, be it within or outside of our organization, and always respond to any case of proven, alleged or attempted abuse within our sphere of influence according to its nature. Efforts ensure that mechanisms are in place to raise awareness, aid prevention, encourage reporting and ease response. They range from human resource development actions such as training and counselling to measures such as suspension, dismissal, and legal action.
How to apply
you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application CV + Cover letter by 25th April 2020 at latest email@example.com.
SOS-Children’s Villages International,www.sos-childrensvillages.org/**
The position title (PD Advisor) must be mentioned in the subject line.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.**