Organization:Norwegian Refugee Council
NRC is looking for a new WASH/Shelter Programme Development Manager (PDM)
NRC initiated country operations in CAR in 2014, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. The programme portfolio includes all five core competencies of NRC. ICLA (Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance), Food Security, WASH, Shelter and Education, as well as Protection and Community Based Planning programmes.
NRC is currently operating in four field offices; Carnot and Berberati in the South West, Sibut and Dekoa in the Centre West, Ndele in the north as well as the capital office in Bangui. NRC intends to open a sub-office in Kaga Bandoro in the Centre north.
The WASH/Shelter PDM reports to the Head of Programme.
- Develop Shelter and WASH strategies, technical guidance and Macro LFAs
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidelines, tools, and handbooks
- Responsible for the development and management of funding proposals, project budgets and donor reports
- Overall management of project staff
- Coordinate and manage Shelter/WASH project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums/cluster/working groups.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Expertise in both hard and soft components of shelter and WASH responses
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in French & English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the context in CAR
- Valid driver’s license
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Commencement: December 2018
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Grade: 9 in NRC’s grade structure.
- Duty station: Bangui , with frequent travels in the field. Bangui is a non-family posting. Travel outside Bangui is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area. Recreational and social facilities are limited, and accommodation is modest. International staff members are required to live in joint accommodation.
- Approved health certficate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location
Please use this link:https://www.webcruiter.no/wcmain/CvJobRespond1.aspx?oppdragsnr=393474399…