CBM is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. We are looking to recruit as soon as possible a:
Programme Officer (m/f/d) – NTD
Main objective of the role:
The NTD (Neglected Tropical Diseases) Programme Officer will support the NTD Programme Manager and the wider NTD team in the effective and efficient management of NTD programmes. This will include monitoring existing programmes, ensuring accurate information is provided to donors and supporting the submission of new proposals. The Programme Officer will also provide support to the daily operation of the team in reporting, data management, budget monitoring and team events, as well as administration and communication. The role will require occasional travel.
Based in Cambridge the role will involve communication with CBM Country Offices and Regional Hubs.
We are looking for someone who will…
- Assist the Programme Manager in overseeing of the implementation and monitoring of NTD-programmes in Africa and Asia
- Liaise with CBM Regional Hubs, Country Offices (CO) or partners to support the successful management of NTD-programmes
- Ensure timely, quality reporting to donors
- Do donor research to collaborate on the preparation of concept notes and proposals from the NTD team, CO staff and partners
- Analyse and communicate statistical data from NTD programmes for reportings and publication purposes
- Champion systems in order to collect and share impact stories from CBM’s NTD programmes on different experienced platforms
- Provide administrative support to the wider NTD and IEH team
We are looking for someone who has…
- A passion to make a difference for improving the life of people with disabilities
- A relevant academic degree (Social sciences, International development, Project Management, Public health or Biological Sciences)
- A minimum of 3 years with an international development agency in a similar role
- Experience in project planning, budgeting, M&E and preparation of reports for institutional donors
- Demonstrable recent experience in preparing successful grant applications (proposal writing and budgeting)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proven administrative skills
- Strong numeracy with ability to analyse and manage data
- Working knowledge of another language – French or Arabic advantageous
- Computer literacy (MS office)
How to apply
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position. For further information about CBM’s inclusion policy, please visit our Resources & Publications section at www.cbm.org. If you feel that this role would be a good opportunity for you, we would love to hear from you.
Application deadline: January 3, 2021.**
This is a permanent contract to be based in Cambridge, UK. Salary of £31,000 negotiable subject to experience. All offers of employment are made subject to the following criteria: Proof of eligibility to work in the UK, proof of residency and satisfactory employment sreening, and three references satisfactory to CBM and, if required, a DBS Check. We invite you to visit our job portal in order for you to submit your application documentes here: