- September 23, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Type of Contract: Service Contract (SB-4)
Location: New Delhi
Duration of Contract: One year (Renewable, depending upon availbility of funds)
Reporting to and under direct supervision of : Head, Supply Chain & PDS Unit, WFP India Country Office
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian organization that is committed to saving lives in emergencies and changing lives through sustainable development. WFP is working with 83 countries around the world, supporting governments in their efforts to reach the targets under Sustainable Development Goal 2 – improving access to food, ending all forms of malnutrition, improving incomes, and promoting sustainable agriculture. In India WFP has been closely working with national and state Government of Odisha since 1963. Since 2012, WFP has been providing technical assistance and capacity development to Food Supplies and Consumer Welfare, School & Mass Education, and Planning and Convergence Departments to ensure improved access food through transformation of TPDS, access to nutritious food through food fortification, and analysis of food and nutrition security scenario respectively. In addition to closely working with Odisha, understanding the working and aspiration of the state, WFP also brings in its vast global expertise gained by undertaking innovative programmes for promoting women’s social and financial mobility.
In line with its global commitment, WFP India’s current Country Strategic Plan (CSP), 2019-23, too articulates a strong commitment to enhancing livelihoods, gender equality and women’s empowerment by incorporating gender as a cross-cutting theme across all components of the plan and adopting a gender-transformative approach in its programmes. WFP aims to focus its efforts on promoting policies and interventions that interweave gender, women’s empowerment, and food security and nutrition at multiple levels.
Recognizing the role played by women small and marginal farmers, and Women Self Help Groups (WSHG) in enhancing the well-being of the population, the Government of Odisha has taken pioneering steps to empower women and ensure their equal participation in the development process. Mission Shakti, the dedicated department for women empowerment, has prioritized enhancement of women’s livelihoods and incomes as a broad-spectrum strategy for empowering women. WFP and Mission Shakti, Government of Odisha, have collaborated to provide technical assistance in the thematic areas of improved livelihoods, women empowerment, and nutrition to support Mission Shakti in achieving its outcomes. A series of activities will be implemented under the partnership to build capacities of Mission Shakti and the WSHGs to enhance women’s economic participation, market linkages, incomes, and empowerment.
The Programme Officer will be based at the WFP Country Office (CO) in New Delhi and will report to the Head, Supply Chain & PDS Unit (SO1). She/he will complete the assigned tasks in consultation with the supervisor and will be required to liaise with colleagues in other units, partners in Mission Shakti and the Head of the Odisha State Office(FO) on a regular basis, and other external partners as required. She/he will also be required to travel to Odisha FO or project sites.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of the Head, Supply Chain & PDS Unit (SO1), the Programme Policy Officer will be responsible to perform the following duties:
1. Programme implementation, management, coordination, and support
a. Manage day to day coordination between WFP CO, FO and Mission Shakti.
b. Prepare detailed implementation plans to enhance coordination and monitor project activities at State, District and Block level on a regular basis.
c. Provide monitoring, capacity building and handholding support for all programme activities, including capacity building, data collection, market linkage and other field activities.
d. Design various innovative operating procedures, formats, templates, dashboards, etc. to enhance programme implementation and monitoring.
e. Support the Department in organizing workshops, seminars, and field visits
2. Knowledge management, analysis, information, and communication
a. Create a compendium of best practices on rural women’s livelihood initiatives from WFP and other external initiatives globally.
b. Analyse project data to document and monitor progress on a regular basis
c. Prepare periodic reports and provide timely progress updates for sharing within WFP (with senior management, regional office, or HQ), or with Mission Shakti or other partners as required.
d. Prepare articles, briefs or other communication material based on project activities.
e. Identify advocacy opportunities and engage with external partners to enhance project visibility and policy engagement and support the dissemination of project information through various communication media on a regular basis.
3. Other responsibilities
a. Provide background notes and data on programme themes and document project processes, as required.
b. Participate in external partner meetings on the theme, as required, and support in related activities.
c. Support in any other tasks assigned by the Supervisor.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Advanced University degree or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses from an institute of repute in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration, Project Management, Development Studies, Engineering, Rural management, and social science would be acceptable.
At least five years of progressively responsible professional experience working in project planning, coordinating and implementing large scale technology/e-governance solutions with government or a development agency, in the area of e-governance, systems design and development, implementation of computer / IT systems or below related areas. Experience in working on rural women’ livelihoods projects will be preferred.
Experience in working independently with minimum supervision, often in fluid and ambiguous situations will be required.
Knowledge of the Indian Government bureaucracy and livelihood operations required. Sound Knowledge of project planning and management.
Fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
The post holder should have strong technical, analytical and problems solving skills; ability to think through complex issues to conceptualize, design and execute action plans. Demonstrate passion and motivation with the ability to manage complexities, multiple tasks with commitment to deliver against multiple, tight deadlines at work. Excellent team player with an ability to work collaboratively, share information and build strong working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds while focusing on impact and results. Excellent oral and written communication skills, presentation and documentation skills with a focus on effective procedural documentation. Maturity and presence required to effectively participate and contribute in meetings with senior government officials.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted. A written test will be used as a form of screening. In the event your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide in advance a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/ certificate(s) required for this position.
This is a national position therefore candidates who are non-Indian nationals will not be considered.
Mode of Engagement: The salary for this position is INR. 1,469,279/- per annum (depending upon the last drawn remuneration of the candidate), plus medical benefits as per WFP’s plan. All tax liability for payments from this contract are to be borne by the subscriber.
Female applicants and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organisation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection & recruitment process, and for work-related needs upon joining the Programme. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Applications for the positions are to be submitted online on the E-recruitment links as mentioned below: https://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings
Note: Candidates are requested to Create an account in the system before applying. Candidates curriculum and applications will be registered and allows them to update their profile and apply for a job through wfp careers website.
How to apply
To apply : Internal Candidates: Click here ; External Candidates: Click here