Organization: World Vision
World Vision Ireland was established as a registered Irish charity in 1983 and currently has 17 staff located in Dublin and 3 staff based in Sierra Leone. World Vision Ireland’s primary objective is to support our field operations, both in terms of our core long-term development programmes and humanitarian & emergency relief. We do this by raising private, institutional and Governmental funds, by informing the Irish public about humanitarian issues as witnessed first-hand by World Vision in the field, and by influencing Irish Governmental policy in the areas of long-term development and emergency relief. World Vision Ireland is a member of the World Vision International partnership, which is both the largest emergency relief and Child Sponsorship agency in the world.
EBODAC Programme: World Vision Ireland, as part of a multi-partner consortium, is implementing a multiannual programme called EBODAC: Ebola vaccine Deployment, Acceptance & Compliance. This Programme is funded by Innovative Medicines Initiative (a partnership between the European Union and the European pharmaceutical industry, represented by the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations). The overall objective of this Programme is to develop a communication strategy, including the development of appropriate technology and tools, in order to maximise Ebola vaccination impact in the targeted population. **
The Programme Admin Assistant role is designed to support the delivery of the World Vision components of the EBODAC project. This is an excellent opportunity to grow and build vital skills for a career in the INGO sector.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Assisting the Programmes Director with EBODAC programme coordination and administrative duties.
· Assisting the EBODAC team with organising meetings, training’s and associated travel including payments of suppliers etc.
· Support the EBODAC Programme Team in organising, reviewing and ensuring timely submission of programme narrative and financial reports to the donor and stakeholders.
· Liaise closely with the Operations & Finance Department to ensure all procurement and payments are within financial and compliance requirements of World Vision Ireland.
· Maintaining and updating regularly a database of country and programme level information that is useful for multiple purposes.
· Managing the Programmes team’s travel schedule, in collaboration with the Travel Coordinator, as well as organising all necessary travel logistics, preparations for participation in conferences, workshops and events as may be required.
· Working closely and in collaboration with the EBODAC Programmes team, providing relevant support as and when required.
· Representing World Vision Ireland in internal and external meetings as may be required.
· Liaising with Programmes country teams, other Support Offices, Regional Offices and the World Vision International Global Office as may be delegated by the Programmes Director.
· Any other duties that may be determined from time to time by the organisation commensurate with the position of Programmes Admin Assistant.
· Essential – Undergraduate Degree in International Development or related field.
· Must have 2+ years’ experience in a similar role.
· Experience in the INGO sector preferred but not essential.
· Fluency in verbal and written English – excellent writing skills essential.
· Strong communications skills with an ability to liaise with people at all levels – government partners, high-level donors, communities and staff with diplomacy and tact.
· Experience in budgeting and basic financial reporting.
· Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and perform under tight deadlines.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Positive, can-do attitude
· Results focussed
· Innovative thinker
· Energetic and imaginative
· Passionate about the INGO sector
· Flexible to the changing needs of the role and organisation, flexibility in day to day activities and working hours
· Willingness to travel
· Adherence to World Visions core values
The above job description only serves as a guide for the position available. World Vision Ireland reserves the right to change this in accordance with the needs of the organisation.
Job Location: Rathmines, Dublin 6 (with some overseas travel)
Hours: 9am – 5.30pm Monday -Thursday, 9am – 4.30pm Fridays
Starting Date: 1st November 2018
Contract: Full-time, Fixed Term. (Six months probationary period applies on initial appointment).
Contract Length: End date 30th November 2019 (possibility to extend-dependent on funding)
Salary: DOE, will only be discussed with the successful applicant
Reporting To: Programmes Director
Closing Date: 1pm on 26th October 2018
Please send your CV and cover note to IrelandHR@wveu.org
Please note, background checks and detailed consideration of references coupled with mandatory Garda Vetting will be undertaken.
Applicants must be authorised to work lawfully in the EU. We will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
World Vision Ireland is an equal opportunities employer
Note: The support of recruitment agencies is not required for the recruitment of this position.