Organization: Human Appeal
Human Appeal is a faith-based charity that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide.
We are currently recruiting for a Programmes and Humanitarian Coordinator to join Human Appeal’s integral Programmes department at the Charity’s Head Office in Cheadle, Greater Manchester. This role will support the organisation’s growth through providing support to allocated humanitarian missions in delivering effective programmes and projects according to the Humanitarian response plan.
· Salary of £20,000 – £25,000 per annum, depending on experience
· Provide Programmes team with a clear analysis of trends and issues within the humanitarian operating environment through regular updates and daily reporting to ensure up to date information on current context
· Provide necessary humanitarian information updates to related departments through sending update situation reports and systems to ensure all information is readily available on the system for Communications and Fundraising departments
· Support Human Appeal’s humanitarian mission in the allocated countries through daily communication, regular meetings and monitoring to implement Human Appeal contingency plan(s) in the field
· Ensure financial transfers are made on time for the field programmes to run smoothly and coordinate with Finance department to check the balances
· To travel nationally and overseas for networking
· Consistently and proactively monitor and assess humanitarian context in the field through promptly reporting disaster risks and challenges and liaising with other external parties as required and appropriate to maintain and enhance the security environment for HA programmes operating in humanitarian settings
· Recommend training and capacity building plan for field staff to develop their capabilities and enhance their knowledge to ensure high quality in programme delivery
The Ideal Candidate:
· Graduate in social science/business/international development or any related field
· Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role i.e. INGOs/Humanitarian Response
· Computer literature with excellent organisation and time-management skills
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
This would be an ideal role for someone with experience in Humanitarian response who is looking to progress their career within the Charity Sector!
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP so for the best chance of success please APPLY TODAY.
If you are interested in applying to this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.