Under the overall authority of the President of the Education Relief Foundation (ERF) and under the direct supervision and coordination of the Head of the Programmes Department, the post-holder will support the Programmes design, implementation and monitoring as well as content design and research.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The post requires some level of autonomy, in close consultation and coordination with the Head of the Programmes Department. Availability to travel required.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Balanced and Inclusive Education pilot projects in the partner countries;
- Assist in the organization and delivery of specialized technical assistance services to ERF partner countries.
- Assist in the coordination and organisation and delivery of the different activities planned to reach the pilot project objectives and providesubstantive and technical support on curriculum related activities.
- Actively participate in the design and development of any activity related to the pilot projects implementation;
- Actively participate in the design and development of teacher training and teaching material related to Balanced and Inclusive Education
- Draft a variety of written outputs, such as background papers, correspondence with Government institutions, working papers, mission reports, analyses, briefings, presentations;
- Contribute to the pilot project results dissemination providing written contributions to the ERF communication team.
- Provide administrative and technical backstopping to the pilot projects in each of the ERF partner countries and institutions; contribute to the preparation of the necessary programme or project documents such as detailed work plans, terms of reference, etc.
- Provide support to the pilot projects assessment.
- Contribute to the preparation of the periodic progress/monitoring reports/end of pilot
- Advanced university degree (Masters) in education
- Specific training in curriculum development is an asset
Relevant work experience:
- Two years of work experience or more in the field of education and curriculum development.
- Experience in developing countries preferred, especially in Africa.
- Experience in project coordination and networking.
- Sound knowledge of what is an education system and what is a curriculum
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team and to establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organisation.
- Strong analytical, quantitative and qualitative research skills.
- Good computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications
- Openness, flexibility with respect for institutional rules
- Capacity to assume operational responsibilities involving research and field activities, and project coordination
- Capacity to work in the field, especially in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate ideas, including ability to draft/edit any written materials.
- Research, technical and analytical problem-solving skills, including experience in documentation research, analysis and drafting publications.
- Creativity, innovative and proactive approach.
- Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to maintain working relationships across organizational boundaries and in a multicultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Excellent knowledge of English and French
- Spanish highly desirable.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com.