Organization: International Association for Relief and Development
International Association for Relief and Development (Onsur) is a non-governmental organization registered in Turkey N° (27-018-178) dealing with the Relief and development projects through the empowerment of local communities to ensure a decent life, Founded at the beginning of 2012. Onsur works through the main office is located in Gaziantep’s province Turkey, in addition to execution offices in: Syria (Aleppo, Idlib, Rural Damascus), Lebanon (Saida, Arsal), and Iraq (Erbil – under construction)
Position: Programs Manager
Report To: Executive Director
Vacancy Location: Gaziantep – Turkey
Job Purposes and Goals:
To be responsible for managing all the processes which are related to programs, on the strategic and operational levels and in coordination with the other departments in order to ensure work improvement in quantity and quality.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- To work with the Executive Director, the Strategic Advisors and the Senior Management Team and other team members to translate Onsur’s strategy into relevant fundable projects.
- To serve as a key member of Onsur’s Senior Management Team
- Set direction by prioritizing and organizing actions & resources to achieve objectives and contribute to strategy development.
- To manage and oversee all program activities in cooperation with program staff and key project stakeholders, including local non-governmental organizations, local government officials, community-based organizations, other international agencies, and key donors.
- To ensure program implementation is on time, target and budget, using effective M&E systems to reach desired impacts.
- To build national staff capacity by designing and leading technical training sessions for Onsur staff and local partners and providing ongoing coaching and mentoring.
- To promote learning and knowledge management through documentation and knowledge sharing around best practices and lessons learned.
- To participate in recruitment and selection, orientation and training of key personnel
- To contribute to team-building efforts, help team members identify problem solving options and ensure the integration of all team members into relevant decision-making processes.
- To provide team members with information, tools and other resources to improve performance & reach objectives.
- To supervise and regularly coordinate with project staff and support departments to ensure smooth planning, preparation, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of program activities;
- To provide coaching and mentoring to team members with an eye to building national staff leadership with the intent of ultimately nationalizing positions.
- To collaborate with program, finance and administrative staff to ensure systems are in compliance with donor and Onsur policies and procedures.
- To communicate effectively to ensure overall project targets and donor obligations are met.
- To maintain good working relationships with the donor, the host country government and local leaders, partner agencies, and other key stakeholders;
- To document and disseminate lessons learned and best practices to internal and external stakeholders, including at international conferences and similar forums.
- To represent Onsur’s vision and strategy in internal meetings such as All Staff and Senior Management Team meetings.
- To represent Onsur in external related meetings
- To ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by the country
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a Bachelor Degree in Business Management, Projects Management, Strategic Management, Engineering or any related study in case of availability of experience in programs management – Master degree is preferred.
- Has a 5 Years of Experience in Projects and Programs Management, at least 2 years in management
Languages: Arabic – Full Proficiency | English – Full Proficiency | Turkish is Preferred
Abilities and Professional skills
- We prefer who holds professional certificates in project management, PMP and others.
- Ability to think strategically and know well about strategic planning processes.
- Understanding of projects and programs management methodologies and processes.
- Familiarity with the work of non-profit organizations and civil society organizations.
- Report writing skills and project proposals.
- Leadership, management and coordination skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Training, development and motivation skills.
- Problems solving skills.
- Planning, organizing, analyzing and assessing skills.
- Excellent communication and interaction skills.
- Teamwork and delegation of tasks.
- Ability to operate in an environment of multiple cultures that require flexibility.
- Adherence to corporate policies and general labor controls.
- Time management skills and adherence to narrow deadlines.
- Has the ability to travel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual may encounter while performing the essential functions of this position. The environment is fast-paced and dynamic and will require flexibility and a willingness to complete job duties from a remote location in a timely manner when needed.
The interested candidates must send their resume along with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please be noted that the vacancy code is: « TR201827010 » and has to be mentioned in the subject of the email.
ONSUR provides equal opportunities to all candidates without any regards to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran.