MAGNA is a non-profit independent medical humanitarian organization. We provide medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare. Our teams are made up of health professionals, logistic and administrative staff.
We recruit medical and non-medical personnel, collects private and institutional funds and raises awareness among the public about populations in danger. Using a small but highly committed group of staff and volunteers, we have achieved respectable results. We treat patients suffering from a wide array of illnesses and health needs (child health, malnutrition, sexual violence, women health, mental health, HIV/AIDS, malaria, cholera and other diseases). Since beggining we have worked in over 15 countries in Asia, Europe, Africa and America.
In Middle East region, MAGNA has currentlly working in Lebanon, Syria and Iraq providing access to medical care for population in crisis, through static healthcare centres, mobile health and outreach interventions. In Iraq, MAGNA implement health projects to improve acces for maternal and reproductive health in Ninewa governorate.
In close collaboration with the Mission Coordination Team defining the operational strategy for the project. Being responsible for MAGNA operational response in the project and coordinating MAGNA programme execution and identifying the population’s health needs and the humanitarian issues at stake. Ensuring compliance to MAGNA charter, ethical standards and policies in order to realize organizational objectives and improve the target population’s health conditions and humanitarian situation.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Safety & Security : S/he is responsible for the safety & security of the assigned project/s.
- Programmes : S/he coordinates the teams and ensures that the programmes implemented in his/her arera are properly carried out. S/he also monitors needs and suggests new operations and development tracks for the assgned area.
- Human Resources: S/he ensures that the assigned project/s is adequately staffed and supervises the teams (defining objectives, follow-up).
- Logistical, administrative and financial monitoring: S/he ensures that logistical and administrative practices in place respect MAGNA procedures and formats and are in compliance with donors’ rules and regulations
- Medical and technical monitoring: S/he ensures that medical and technical practices respect MAGNA procedures and formats and are in compliance with MAGNA operational framework and policy.
- Representation : S/he represents the association in its relations with partners, donors,the media and different authorities.
- Relations with Headquarters: S/he ensures that information is properly circulated between Capital and the project and ensures that due dates are respected.
Specific objectives and related activities
- In close collaboration with the Head of Mission, representing MAGNA and defending its interests before local authorities, local NGO’s, donors and media to realize an active positioning and a positive public image. Raising awareness in the target population about the existence of MAGNA’s programs.
- Monitoring and analyzing the political and humanitarian situation in the project area in order to identify the population’s health status and needs. Establishing and maintaining contacts with key stakeholders and carrying out exploratory missions in order to identify potential fields of intervention. Leading negotiations for access and defining risks and constraints in order to make project proposals, set project targets and to calculate material, human and financial resources needed. Bearing witness, documenting and raising awareness for the target populations needs/distress.
- Being accountable and supervising the execution of programs, including emergency response activities. Ensuring that the MAGNA technical and ethical standards are followed and objectives are achieved.
- Being responsible for the proper application of HR policies and associated processes in the project (recruitment, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, staff learning and development and internal communication) in order to ensure both the sizing of the team and the amount of knowledge required for the project activities. Briefing the teams on context related issues and maximizing their commitment to MAGNA values and project’s goals.
- Ensuring data collection in agreement with the MedCo (if not available, directly with HQ medical referent/or section), in order to define effective medical programs for the targeted population.
- Evaluating program performance and providing all the required reports to HOM on project planning, project monitoring and project evaluation in line with Mission reporting cycle.
- Being accountable for the proper planning, sizing, and coordination of all financial and material resources needed in the project. Agreeing on the annual budget and ensuring a proper control of financial indicators and the project budget.
- Supervising the project material resources put at MAGNA’s disposition in order to ensure a correct use and its longevity. Supervising all orders (medical and logistical) and the Project’s purchases as well as the financial indicators, with the support of the capital referents, in order to ensure efficiency and early detect deviations and its causes.
- Defining and updating, in close collaboration with the Head of Mission, the Project’s security policy and strategic response to emergencies, reporting any concerning issue, in order to improve risk working conditions and to ensure staff’s full adherence to security rules and protocols
Required knowledge and skills
University degree. Particularly in medicine, public health or paramedical or the field of international relations is a plus.
- At least two years in management positions in humanitarian aid.
- Essential experience with MAGNA or other NGOs
- Essential working experience in developing countries.
Knowledge and skills
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- English and Mission language essential.
- Knowledge of institutional donor procedures (ECHO, UN agencies…)
Required Personal Characteristics (fitting into team, suitability for the job and assignment/mission)
- Good stress management
- Resistance to pressure
- Analytical capability
- Organized and methodical
- Strong sense of responsibilities
- Strong listening and empathy skills
- Ability to adapt, manage priorities and be pragmatic
- Diplomatic and with a sense of negotiation
- Good communication skillsHonesty and rigor
Your gross (untaxed) monthly salary will reflect your post’s seniority & your cumulative weighted work experience. MAGNA field salaries are paid in EUR & are not negotiable as they are part of a harmonized agreement across the MAGNA network.
Starting from 2.348 to 2.948 Euros
Per diem paid in local currency in the field (cca 532 EUR/month)
Transportation Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas.
Health & other insurances including medical coverage, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
Break allowances & flights 5 working days at 3,6 and 9 months (200 USD allowance + 400 USD flight)Annual leave (vacation) 20 days of paid leaves per year
Interested applicants can send only their CV including education, qualifications, contact number and relevant documents: by email, to address
The email subject line MUST include in the title of email the following to be considered: “PC MOSUL”. E-mails without job title will not be reviewed.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that you provide appropriate contact information (e-mail, mobile, etc.) and 3 professional references.