Project Coordinator (Nationals Only)
The Project Coordinator will work on the consortium composed of UNICEF as the lead organization, and The Asia Foundation (TAF) and Save the Children Philippines (SCP) as members, to implement the SaferKidsPH project. This project focuses on the concerted and targeted support to increase demand for and supply of Online Sexual Exploitation of Children (OSEC) interventions, and to create an enabling environment for preventing OSEC, protecting survivors and children-at-risk, and promoting online safety.
The post will be responsible for leading the development and the delivery of quality programming based on research, analysis and learning; as well as coordination with other project staff and the program manager to ensure integration of program initiatives within the assigned area.
Qualifications and Experience
* Education to Bachelors level in Social Sciences or similar relevant social science
* Minimum 3 years experience in disaster risk reduction programming
* Significant DRRM experience of working with LGUs, CSOs and children or in the area of child rights
* Experience of working with proposals, M&E or other components of the awards process
* Demonstrated ability to communicate with and influence others and build strong working relationship
* Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
* Experience in training and capacity building of peers
* Ability to manage competing priorities and multiple tasks, and deliver to time
* Experience of representing an organisation in external forums such as the cluster system
* Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
* Fluent in written and spoken English;
* Commitment to child rights and sustainable development
* Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
* Experience working in a humanitarian or development context in the Philippines
* Fluency and understands local dialect and/or Tagalog.
Contract length: Fixed Term Position until June 2020 based in Makati City
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.