Organization:Fair Labor Association
The Fair Labor Association (FLA) combines the efforts of industry, civil society organizations, and colleges and universities to promote and protect workers’ rights and to improve working conditions worldwide by promoting adherence to international labor standards. The FLA is headquartered in Washington, D.C., and has offices in Geneva, Switzerland and Shanghai, China. For more information, visitwww.fairlabor.org.
The Fair Labor Association seeks candidates for the position of Project Coordinator for an anticipated USDOL-ILAB/ILO funded Fair Recruitment Program in Uzbekistan; focusing on cotton production.
The Project Coordinator will work closely with FLA’s technical experts and oversee the planning, implementation and tracking of deliverables for this project. He/she will be responsible for liaising with the International Labor Organization (ILO) local office in Tashkent. S/he will provide direct assistance to build capabilities in social compliance components and act as a trainer of technical assistance providers as needed. The selected candidate will report to the Project Director/Technical Advisor.
The position is expected to begin in November 2018 and end in December 2019 and contingent upon award from the ILO.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Desk-based preparatory work and project set up – review of materials, reports, project workplan, and ongoing stakeholder consultations
- Stakeholder Mapping – identify the local organizations to connect with, local programs, stakeholders to meet
- Preparing and following time schedules and work plans of the project activities to be implemented.
- Organize all project activities per approved result framework and budget
- Organize for visits of the FLA Technical Advisors in the country (for stakeholder engagement, trainings, etc.)
- Attend meetings and field visits related to the project along with Project Team. Write meeting minutes of the meetings attended and trip conducted.
- Manage the records, files, folders, and supportive documents of all implemented activities.
- Report any problems arising during project implementation and provide recommendations for resolving those issues
- Contribute to various reports including: progress reports indicating project status and planned versus actual comparisons; project activities; annual and final reports in accordance with the requirements and regulations of the USDOL-ILAB and ILO.
- Supporting data collection in relation with monitoring of all project indicators.
- Identify gaps in the management of project modules and undertaking action for the improvement.
- Provide support in the review, development and updates of training material for the ILO/FLA project.
- Conduct training workshops and periodic training of service providers and other stakeholders, as required by the project.
- Ensure the collaboration of all stakeholders of the project in the field – Engage with Cotton Committee Structures, Public Services, ILO, Government of Uzbekistan etc. on an ongoing basis.
- Co-ordinate, communicate and inter-act on a regular basis regarding the ILO/FLA project.
- Network with local organizations on a regular basis and support the Project Team in holding stakeholder consultation as and when required by the project.
- Represent the FLA in all event related to the ILO project
- Ensure synergy with other FLA programs when needed
- Provide translation support in both written and oral forms when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 5 years successful experience with field work and project management, preferably in the field of labor standards and social compliance.
- University education and/or training in a relevant field such as business management, international development political and social science, sociology, social work, human rights, or related field.
- Sound knowledge of project implementation and monitoring;
- Ability to perform tasks in sensitivity to the local culture;
- Fluency in Uzbek, Russian and English
- Proficiency in common IT hardware/software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access).
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation;
- Strong commitment to teamwork and coordination;
- Excellent and adaptable communication skills;
- Ability to manage self under pressure and stress, and maintains ethical and professional conduct;
- Experience managing and providing trainings/workshops;
- Intercultural understanding, sensitivity and adaptability;
- Ability to facilitate meetings and serve as a project liaison for external communication.
Apply online atCareers at FLA