The Global Partnership for Education (GPE) Knowledge and Innovation Exchange (KIX) is a joint endeavor with the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) to connect expertise, innovation and knowledge to help developing countries build stronger education systems and accelerate progress toward SDG 4. A great emphasis is placed on inter-country learning, exchange, and visits.
The KIX Hub for the Europe – Asia – Pacific region is based at NORRAG in Geneva and is funded for a period of 45 months. It serves 21 countries and pursues three objectives:
• Enhance the utilization of existing studies, databases, and toolkits for policy analysis and planning in the education sector,
• Mobilize national education experts for agenda setting, policy analysis, and policy advice,
• Identify and learn from successful innovation for future project design and reforms in education
Duties and Expected Outputs:
The Hub Manager will perform the following duties:
• Oversee the establishment, management, coordination, and monitoring of the KIX EAP (Europe – Asia – Pacific) hub,
• Support knowledge synthesis and setting of regional knowledge and innovation agendas for education policy formulation and implementation,
• Provide guidance and technical support to government partners and national researchers on the use and benefits of the hub,
• Directly manage six hub staff members and 21 in-country liaison members, leading the team to ensure effective and efficient coordination of the hub,
• Plan and organize in-person and virtual meetings for project team, partners and in-country liaison members,
• Take charge of financial management, contracting, and preparation of memoranda of understanding,
• Ensure that the products (text and multi-media) produced in the hub meet NORRAG quality standards,
• Prepare two types of quarterly reports: financial report and technical report on progress made and challenges encountered,
• Closely collaborate with the Director of the Hub for KIX EAP for content/technical issues and with the Executive Director of NORRAG for coordination, financial management and contracting issues.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, and across different time zones,
• Results focus, pro-active personality, and initiative,
• Excellent financial management, coordination and project management skills,
• Prior work experience in the field of education, policy or planning,
• High level of technical writing skills and data-based analytical skills,
• Minimum: Masters degree in comparative education, international educational development or other relevant field,
• Minimum: 4 years of project or management experience in international cooperation contexts.
For more information please contact the Director of NORRAG and the KIX Hub EAP Professor Gita Steiner-Khamsi (email@example.com)
Interviews will be conducted on June 9, 2020.
How to apply
Please submit your cover letter, CV, and names of two referees electronically:
For more information, candidates are encouraged to consult the Institute’s website:graduateinstitute.ch
Please note that offers received by post won’t be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, marital status, disability status, race, national origin, color, gender, sexual orientation or religion.