Malteser International, the worldwide relief agency of the Order of Malta for humanitarian aid, works in more than 25 countries in Africa, Asia and the Americas for people in need, regardless of their religion, origin or political affiliation. Its mission is to provide emergency relief as well as to implement rehabilitation measures and to facilitate the link between emergency relief and sustainable development. Christian values and the humanitarian principles of impartiality and independence form the basis of its work in the following areas: Relief, Reconstruction & Rehabilitation; Health & Nutrition; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH); Livelihood & Social Programs and Disaster Risk Reduction.
Malteser International has been operational in Myanmar since 2001, targeting communicable diseases, providing comprehensive primary health care services, improving the access to safe water and sanitation facilities and enhancing disaster risk reduction capacities.
In Kayin State, Malteser International implements a comprehensive program in the sectors Health, WASH, and peace building as well as relief assistance after disasters. It includes community based basic health care, WASH activities focusing on improved access to safe water and sanitation, and inclusive DRR.
In support of our work in Kayin State, Myanmar, Malteser International is looking for a motivated Project Manager.
As a Project Manager, you are responsible for the management and implementation of the project in line with donor and Malteser International regulations under the overall responsibility of the Program Coordinator. You will facilitate the coordination with potentially three national project’s consortium partners (KDHW, KDN currently) and lead a project team of 20 national employees in the location office in Hpa An. You will manage a German Government (Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development) funded, integrated project and work closely with national partner organisations in Hpa An and Hlaing Bwe, Hpa Pun and Than Taung Gyi Townships. The project started in July 2018 and continues until mid-2021.
- Manage the timely and effective implementation of project activities according to set targets, indicators and approved plans and budget
- Work closely with Line Managers and Partners to establish appropriate Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)
- Ensure sound financial management, administration and logistics of the project
- Ensure timely and complete narrative reporting of the partners and support Malteser International finance and log team in verifying partner reports
- Lead and support to field staff to ensure that the project is being implemented effectively with high impact according to technical quality standards
- Take a leading role in the joint steering committee, including all consortium partners, and facilitate good communication and collaboration
- Provide strategic direction and oversight to the consortium partners through the steering committee as well as bilaterally to ensure that overall project objectives and expected results are met
- Represent Malteser International towards governmental bodies, partner agencies, Ethnic Health Organizations, Ethnic Armed Organizations, technical working groups, international agencies and donors in coordination with the Program Coordinator and Line Managers
- Post graduate education in peace & conflict, international development or communications
- Strong experience in implementing projects as team leader and within partner networks or consortia with proven mediation and facilitation skills
- Good understanding of the Myanmar Context
- Knowledge of standards, methodologies and techniques, including ‘do no harm’, participatory methodologies, core mainstreaming topics
- Good experience in budget management, administration of projects and logistics
- Experience in working with international donors is an asset
- Fluency in English (written and spoken); proficiency in using standard software packages
- Respectful towards other cultures and religions
- Start Date: as soon as possible, latest June 2019
- Duty Station: Hpa An, Kayin State
- Duration of contract: 12 months (extendable)
- Salary according to qualification and experience, insurance package, accommodation in team house, 30 paid leave days per year, 1 home flight per year
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at https://bit.ly/2VRPEnM
Kindly submit your application (CV, meaningful letter of motivation and 3 references) until May 5th, 2019.