Palladium are recruiting for an experienced project manager to join our team in London to drive the efficient and effectively delivery of our suit of projects in the Positive Impact space.
As a key player on our project operations team, you will lead on brining innovation and best-in-class solutions to the challenges of delivering high-value complex programming. We are looking for strong and dynamic project managers, who are comfortable both with leading and coaching staff as well as with the financial and operational acumen to perform at a high level.
As well as a competitive salary, bonus and benefits, we offer the opportunity to work on some of the most ambitious projects to unlock opportunities for economic development, and as one of DFID’s largest service providers, the opportunity to influence DFID strategy and policy, and challenge and shape the direction of this sector. The primary responsibilities of the Project Manager, involve:
- Plan and manage the operational aspects of project start-up and closeout to ensure delivery of required inputs to these processes from corporate services, service providers and stakeholders;
- Serve as the primary liaison between corporate services and the project ensuring project issues and risks are logged, monitored, reported on, managed and mitigated; escalate risks and issues to corporate/project leadership, as required;
- Support corporate registration in-country and ensure all legal and financial requirements are met and maintained for the entity and project;
Head Contract and Client Relationship Management
- Monitor and maintain compliance with head/prime contracts and report on overall progress against agreed targets, milestones, outputs and activities;
- Develop, manage and support contract amendments as required;
- Liaise with and respond to requests from clients, creating and maintaining trusted supplier relationships
- Monitor project expenditure against budgets and forecasts, including staff costs, operating expenses and procurements and ensuring adherence to best practice financial management
- Manage project financial / cash-flow planning, review and approve funding requests from the field,
- Review cashbooks / field vouchers and ensure supporting documentation is complete;
- Ensure the accuracy of client invoices (including monthly, milestone and performance based invoices) and where required prepare same; Monitor, reconcile and report expense advances monthly;
Human Resource Management and Recruitment
- Support project human resource planning and recruitment and contracting and coordinate inputs and support from the company’s HR and Recruitment teams;
- In collaboration with HR, ensure staff performance management systems are in place and adhered to;
Procurement, Sub-Contractor and Grant Management
- Serve as a point of contact with service providers and address contractual matters as required;
- Monitor and ensure quality of field procurement; ensuring compliance with company anti-corruptions and due diligence processes;
- Report monthly on the status of partner budgets/invoicing and grants;
- Academic qualifications in a in a relevant field are valued, but these can be compensated by extensive relevant experience.
- Significant experience as a project or programme manager in a large organisation or dealing with a large portfolio of projects
- An understanding or interest in international development and donor clients would be an advantage
- Experience managing large and complex projects with a high risk profile in challenging environments
- Some experience and interest of people management, including setting performance objectives, managing for results, giving and receiving feedback, performance evaluation and mentoring and coaching.
Skills and Competencies
- Formal Project Management training and expertise is highly valued
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret and analyse financial reports
- Strong management skills with ability to mentor, coach, lead, develop and evaluate staff.
- Willingness to travel and work abroad a minimum of eight weeks per year in developing countries and elsewhere.
Please follow this link to apply:http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=RWFtb24uRG95bGUuNjMxNTguMzgzMEBwYWxsYWRpdW…