Okapi Consulting gets people talking to each other in conflict zones and fragile states. We are a leader in innovative media and research projects across Africa, especially in tough places inside conflict zones, fragile states and countries where freedom of expression is still only a dream. From Mbandaka to Bangui, from Mogadishu to Maiduguri, we use radio to get the message across – a vital exercise during these days of false and hate-mongering news.
Okapi’s research division provides timely and exclusive analysis on the regions in which we operate.
Radio Ndarason Internationale is an Okapi project that encourages dialogue in the Lake Chad region. With studios in N’Djamena, Chad and Maiduguri, Nigeria, RNI broadcasts in Kanuri, Kanembu, Buduma and French through shortwave, a network of FM relays, as well as on the internet. Interactive programming is designed to inform, as well as promote discussion amongst all who have an interest in peace, stability, development and progress in the four countries that share the Lake.
The job of project manager for the Radio Ndarason Network is based in Chad, N’Djamena, the regional headquarters of the project. This is a senior role focused on the management and reinforcement of Okapi and RNI’s operations in Chad and Nigeria. The project manager will have to ensure compliance with a range of different financial donor requirements and processes, and ensure the radio is functioning at all levels. She / he will have the responsibility to oversee finances and logistics, and will manage and supervise operational, administrative and management staff based in Chad and Nigeria.
· Responsible for oversight and management of financial processes in Chad and Nigeria offices
· Oversee all operational aspects of the RNI project in Chad and Nigeria, including logistics, infrastructure, legal requirements and compliance, donor relations in- country, relations with local and international organisations and host governments
· Oversee physical plant of RNI studios and office
· Manage all donor reporting requirements – narrative and financial, in conjunction with country and Okapi Consulting HQ staff
· Manage donor relations in conjunction with Okapi HQ staff
· Manage administrative and management staff outputs / workplans
· Facilitate and ensure there is coordination between network studios across RNI’s network
· Manage all logistics related to the project
· Fluency in French and English (written and spoken fluency preferred)
· At least ten years-experience in project management in the field of human security and development. Experience managing media projects is an advantage.
· Experience managing multiple donors and reporting requirements
· Experience in capacity-building for administrative and management staff
· Experience working in conflict-affected zones in Africa
· Good writing skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills managing a diverse team of men and women from different cultural backgrounds
· Willingness to travel extensively
This is a fixed-term position with a contract duration of 17 months. Renewal dependent on performance and available donor funding.
How to apply
Please send CV and cover letter, no later than 09 April 2020 to: email@example.com
Only successful applicants will be contacted.