Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council in South Sudan is looking for a Project Manager to join their mobile Rapid Response Team, to develop, coordinate and manage a Food Security Rapid Response. The Project Manager will also be a key driver in transitioning the emergency programming from General Food Distribution to more resilience and sustainable programming such as Food For Assets and Cash for Work.
• Lead, train and develop the mobile Food Security Rapid Response Team (FS-RRT)
• Providing oversight of the programme including: community mobilization and coordination with local authorities, registration and nutrition screening, reception of commodities by airdrops/lifts, distribution and monitoring, post distribution activities, including reconciliation of all data and documentation
• Switch programming from General Food Distribution in to more resilience programming such as FFA, cash for work and other more sustainable programme gradually
• Ensure high technical quality, transparent and self-explanatory processes
• Represent Food Security Rapid Response in internal and external forums; and ensure operational linkages and representation with WFP and others relevant UN Agencies, Clusters, working groups and NGO partner
• Develop, manage and monitor the budget and lead grants start up meetings
*A full Job Description can be found on our website*
• First Level University Degree/Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Food Security or other relevant discipline
• 5+ years of experience from working as a Project Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
• Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Technical expertise in Emergency Food Security and Livelihood required with flexibility to more resilient programming moving from general food distribution to longer term programming
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal
• Working experience or knowledge of the context in South Sudan
• Experience with start-up, exit or similar
• Solid understanding and experience of crisis contexts and working in complex emergencies.
• Ability to work under stressful conditions, meet deadlines and travel extensively at short notice to support field operations or capacity building
• Ability to work with diplomacy, tact and sensitivity; and experience in working within different cultural contexts requiring cultural sensitivity
• Well-developed interpersonal and team skills
• Ability to lead and manage a team
• Proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations and ability to work under pressure and in response to changing needs.
• High degree of creativity and initiating new ideas
• Transparent and accountable
• Ability to live and work in insecure environment
• Duty Station: Mayom, South Sudan
• Travel: 100% travel as part of the Rapid Response Team, with downtime in Juba
• Contract Duration: 12 months
• Salary/Benefits: Competitive salary & benefits package
• NRC may be required to verify the identify of its partners and check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activity. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
To apply, please visit: www.nrc.no/vacancies
*Females are highly encouraged to apply*