Samuel Hall is seeking a professional and motivated individual to join its team for a full-time position as Resilience (Pillar 2) Project Manager (PM), based in the Nairobi office. Samuel Hall’s Resilience Pillar covers a wide range of topics on economic inclusion and integration, social protection, food security, gender, labour markets, resilience to climate change, sustainable and efficient energy use, as well as urban and rural vulnerabilities. The PM will directly support the Pillar Lead to lead research, manage projects and other pillar staff, and support the strategic development of the pillar. There is a strong potential for domestic, regional and international travel.
Nature of the Role
Management of research and related activities
- Lead the design of research tools and research methodologies on socio-economic research, M&E, and consulting missions
- Conduct secondary research, literature reviews and key informant interviews
- Provide strong analysis of qualitative and quantitative data, and recommendations in line with policy and academic standards
- Lead the development and authoring of research papers, concept notes, draft and final reports, and other documentation as
- required during the ongoing projects
- Manage and train project team members both in office and field locations
- Manage and conduct fieldwork in multiple countries which entails qualitative and quantitative research
- Draft research project proposals based on pillars’ business development plans and strategies and as requested
Coordination between stakeholders
- Liaise with stakeholders at all levels – including donors and government representatives – presenting Samuel Hall and its research partners in a clear and professional manner
- Prepare presentations for stakeholders (internal and external)
- Coordinate activities with relevant partners in close collaboration with Pillar Leads
A Master’s or PhD (preferred) in a relevant field (5+ years of additional experience) and past consulting and research experience specific to vulnerable and/or migrating and displaced populations. The Project Manager is further required to have:
- Proven experience in writing research papers, consultancy reports, evaluation assignments and policy briefs
- Proven experience in project management
- Proven experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis and tools (for example MS Excel, SPSS, NVIVO)
- Relevant programmatic/operational experience in the research topics covered in the Resilience Pillar
- Ability to cope well under pressure, work occasionally irregular hours and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent presentation skills (spoken and written) in English; French desired
More info: www.samuelhall.org/careers
How to apply
All applicants should send their cover letter and CV in separate PDF files, each labelled: “CL/CV – Full name of
Applicant” with the e-mail subject line clearly expressed: “Name – Resilience PM”. Three samples of relevant work and three references should also be included.
Samuel Hall is an equal opportunities employer. Applicants who do not follow the required format will not be considered.
Only selected applicants will be notified, and interviews are conducted on a rolling basis.