Job title: Project Medical Referent (PMR)
Work Location: Khayelitsha, South Africa
Duration: 1 year
Start date: 1 June 2020
Reports to: Project Coordinator
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Participates in defining, planning and monitoring medical activities and programs in the project in accordance with MSF’s protocols as well as coordinates human and material related resources needed in order to ensure the quality of care provided by MSF
- Essential: Degree in medicine, registered with the HPSCA
- Degree in Public Health, Global Health or Epidemiology essential
- Essential 2-year working experience related to the diploma/degree.
- Essential proven HIV / TB clinical experience, proven experience in operational research.
- Proven MDR TB experience (preferable)
- Essential computer literacy (excellent word, PowerPoint, excel and internet level, STATA or other statistical software knowledge desirable)
- Strategic Vision, Leadership, People Management and Development, Service Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation
- Essential English, Isixhosa language desirable
- Essential: South African citizen or holder of work visa/permanent residence with no work restrictions.
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the rest of the team, the Medical Coordinator and MoH partners, defines, implements and monitors medical activities, according to MSF project plans, standards and protocols. Participates in exploratory missions, situation assessments (defining medical operational priorities when needed) and the development of the project policy, annual plan, budget review and project proposal and reports to donors. Ensures regular contact with MoH and other local medical actors
- Is responsible for the medical data collection, analysis and reporting to the Medical Coordination in the capital in order to ensure proper monitoring of the program
- Provides technical support to medical personnel in the field through self-knowledge and policies, ensuring compliance with the protocols of MSF medical activities.
- Coordinates supervise, coaches, supports and evaluates the medical team members’ performance to improve the medical components of the project and ensure compliance with MSF protocols and standards as well as MoH protocols.
- Plans and supervises, in close coordination with the Project Coordinator, the associated processes (recruitment, training, induction, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the medical staff of the project in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and improve staff capabilities.
- Supervises efficient management of the MSF field pharmacy and medical equipment, in collaboration with the Logistics department and project biomedical service and in consideration of program directions and protocol changes. In conjunction with the pilot managers, monitors consumption and preparation of medical orders to provide drugs, medical materials, medical devices and consumables at all circumstances and avoid stock shortage.
- Implements the health policy for international and national staff, providing all prophylactic and preventive necessary measures, structures and emergency plans, managing any medical evacuation in order to ensure MSF staff health.
- Participates in the budget planning of the project with special focus on staff health and the pilots under his/her responsibility
- Coordinating, assessing and supervising the proper functioning of the medical activities under his/her responsibility, according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures and through the correct and sounded compilation and analysis of medical data regarding patients’ health conditions
Job advantages and Career opportunities
- Experience in a well-known and professionally recognized international medical humanitarian organization
- Salary package comparable to other non-profit organizations
- 100% medical aid, 13th cheque and 10% contribution to a pension
How to apply
TO APPLY: Please email a one-page application letter, your comprehensive CV with details of 3 contactable referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
MSF reserves the right not to make an appointment if a suitable candidate cannot be found. While MSF thanks all interested applicants, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Please note that MSF does not request a fee at any stage of the recruitment process
Closing date: 30 APRIL 2020