Organization: Catholic Relief Services
Reports To: Senior Project Officer-Nutrition
Country/Location: Kenya/Isiolo County
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners, people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
CRS has worked in Kenya since 1965. Over the years, CRS’ focus shifted from direct relief and food distributions to a comprehensive development program that works with partners and enhances local capacity. CRS Kenya programs now support children affected by HIV, and community-based efforts to increase household incomes, improve family health and sanitation, and enhance agriculture livelihoods.
CRS is implementing a 15 month Maternal and Child Nutrition Programme (MCNP II) funded by UNICEF. MCNP II seeks to enhance women, caregivers, and community health workers knowledge and skills for enhanced nutrition practices and health seeking behaviors at community level, including during times of shock through; 1) improved nutrition and health seeking behaviors; 2) increased awareness and demand for nutrition services; and 3) increased integration of community level nutrition services to enhance integration and coverage.
As a key member of the MCNP II team, you will monitor and report on all project activities related to improved demand for and utilization of nutrition services in Isiolo County. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve. You will coordinate closely with MEAL Officer and other Health unit colleagues to ensure a holistic, integrated, and comprehensive project implementation.
- Support the coordination, implementation, and monitoring of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist Gok/ County Government in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
- Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting MOH in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices. Actively engage in dissemination and use of relevant knowledge in the field.
- Represent CRS in meetings at county and working groups, and other events as requested, to support forging relations with the GOK, other stakeholders, and the community.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of all assigned project activities per donor and CRS standards and established schedules.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Food Science, Nursing, Public Health or a related field.
- 4 years of work experience in project support in the field of Nutrition, food Security and other health-related projects in Kenya and for an NGO.
- Must be registered with Kenya Nutritionists and Dietetics Institute
- In-depth understanding of donor expectations for program results, outcomes, impact, and reporting.
- Experience in participatory action planning and engagement of stakeholders at various levels.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Excellent understating of GOK structures
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members and inspire teamwork among diverse partners without direct supervisory responsibilities
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
Required/Desired Foreign Language
Able to clearly communicate in written and spoken English
70% of the time to project sites
Key Working Relationships:
Internal:* Project technical officers, MEAL, Finance
External:* Representatives of the GOK, LIPs, other stakeholders, and the community
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Trusting Relationships
· Professional Growth
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Written applications indicating the reference number of position applied for and CV including day-time contact phone numbers, as well as names and contact information of three references should reach the below-mentioned by Close of Business Friday, September 28, 2018.
Human Resources Manager
Catholic Relief Services – Kenya/Somalia Program
Note: Catholic Relief Services (CRS) does not charge any fees from applicants for any recruitment. Further, CRS has not retained any agent in connection with this recruitment
CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation