Location: Kampala, Uganda
The Project Officer supports the programme team in the implementation and monitoring of program and operations work. Works closely with local partners and stakeholders to ensure all Peek programming and reporting requirements are met and that CBM also meets its partnership commitments.
· Support in reviewing project related annual budget application from partner and project related PPRs and finances on quarterly basis and provide feedback to the line manager.
Partner / Project Management
· Ensure compliance of partners to programme quality standards for good development practice.
· Coordinate project visits with partner organisations, prepare necessary project documents and complete project visit reports
· Document & share good practices, case studies/high quality pictures and lesson learned, challenges from project with Line manager.
· Ensure timely and accurate reporting and projects documentation as per organizational standards
· Apart from need based monitoring, conduct routine quarterly monitoring visits to the project sites and partner office.
· Undertake detailed assessment of the progress of the project. Significant deviation to be notified to line manager/office and partner for course correction
· Regular monitoring reports to be produced with clear recommendations on the project’s progress to organisation internally and to the partner
· Maintain close coordination with partners
· Coordinate with all relevant stakeholders of the project including district level government authorities and other departments of the organisation including donors (in absence of line manager)
· Ensure following reports are up to date and are available at all times
§ Project reports
§ Monitoring reports
§ Monthly reports
§ Any other special report required by the project or office,
Education, Knowledge & Professional Experience
§ A degree in Social Sciences or Development Studies, Masters in Business Administration and social sciences would be an added advantage
§ Project Management Knowledge will be an added advantage
§ At least 3-5 years of professional experience in management and implementation of community based project with local organizations and INGO
§ Good knowledge and understanding of international development work and understanding of Project Cycle Management (PCM)
§ Knowledge and application of basic research methodologies – both quantitative and qualitative
§ Very good understanding of principles in monitoring, reporting and evaluation
§ Very good understanding of assessments and baseline studies
§ Experience and understanding of Community Based Inclusive Development
§ Previous experience of working for persons with disabilities is an added advantage
§ Willingness to travel and work long hours when required
§ Adhere and commit to organisations Values and Child Protection Policy
How to apply
Candidates with therequired profile and proven experience, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submitvia e-mail,a meaningful letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for CBM, CV, three professional references and salary expectations to Info.Uganda@cbm.org
Application deadline: 5pm, 6th May 2020
**CBM encourages Ugandan nationals and persons with disabilities who meet the qualifications to apply for this position. For further information about CBM’s inclusion policy, please visit our Resources & Publications section athttp://www.cbm.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. **