POINT was established by a group of humanitarian workers and its headquarter is in Sweden. As a non-governmental organization, the co-founders of PONT realized the crucial capacity gaps and needs for the civil society and communities to play a greater role in improving the response to the humanitarian crisis and better contribute to the stabilization of their conflict-affected country. POINT provides capacity development to the local civil society and communities actors as well as local staff in INGOs. This is in order to strengthen their voice, increase their impact and bring about the development of diverse, inclusive and independent civil society and communities.
About the Project:
The project aiming to conduct to continue the activities of the established Site Management Support team (SMS team), which function as trainers and supporters of camp management of 20 informal settlements in the targeted area, with a particular focus on CCCM approaches and community participation
Besides, continuing to support 10 of the 40 camps that were already targeted in the previous project by granting small cash to establish development projects inside the camp after providing them with the necessary training and support.
About the position:
The Project Senior Officer responsibilities include preparing comprehensive action plans, including resources, timeframes. He will perform various implementing tasks, like schedule and risk management, along with administrative duties.
The Project Senior Officer guarantees a timely achievement of the project’s objectives as per the proposal, POINT’s qualitative standards, and donor compliance.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Project Cycle Management
-Develop and organize the project’s work plans defining clear milestones.
-Planning the distinct phases of implementation.
-Participate in establishing the field team structure following the project activities.
-Responsible for providing technical guidance on all project components to the teams in the field and the HQ levels regarding the project’s objectives, indicators, and activities.
-Work closely with Project Team throughout program planning, design implementation, and monitoring and evaluation.
-He will be responsible for managing the field team remotely.
-Daily communication with MEAL Unit.
* Follow up the scheduling of implementing the project’s activities with the field staff.
* Ensure effective implementation of projects following program requirements and in line with donor regulations and international standards.
* Harmonize the implementation phase with the monitoring activities needed during the project.
* Manage all the sides of the project at logistics and practical level.
* Evaluate the implemented activities and guarantee an efficient usage of the resources.
-Prepare all required reports including (narrative reports, trackers…etc.) and contribute to the development of financial reports, in collaboration with the relevant admin staff and based on donor requirements.
-Keep tracking for all project documentation.
-Guarantee effective and constant information flow with the Program Manager.
-Follow up with the MEAL department for developing the monitoring process.
-Ensure the performance of high-quality standards throughout the whole project;
-Collect technical information, manage risks and new opportunities for projects;
-Analyze and report the strengths and weaknesses of the project;
-Evaluate the project activities during the implementation phase and afterward.
-Support in developing the project’s tools, gather information and tools used during the implementation of the project.
-Elaborate notes with details of the best practices and lessons learned during the project
-provide technical expertise and guidance to staff as appropriate.
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, Economics, Finance or other related fields
- Experience in Project Cycle Management (PCM)
- At least two years of work experience, with relevant tasks, good knowledge of the humanitarian aid system with a special focus on Community based projects.
- Knowledge or previous experience in CCCM activities will be an added value.
- Previous experience in remote project management.
- High interpersonal skills with a strong analytical approach in problem solving and management.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Good command of MS office programs.
- Turkish Nationality is a plus.
- Active residency permit (non-Turkish Nationality).
· University degree or equivalent.
How to apply
Please send your CV to within the job title ( PSO-T-20-002) as the subject of the email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note that any email not including ( PSO-T-20-002) as it subject, will be disqualified.