CTG OverviewCTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.Overview of position
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non- governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Protection Coordinator, the direct supervision of the Project Officer (Counter Trafficking), and in close collaboration with the Protection Division and other relevant units, the successful candidate will assist in the implementation of IOM counter trafficking activities.
- Act as the focal point for trafficking in persons’ cases. Review all counter trafficking screenings and assessment plans, oversee referral of cases to relevant partner organizations and international organizations for appropriate follow-up and/or to other units within IOM for their respective follow-up, assist in identifying the urgent protection needs and possible solutions.
- Support the development and delivery of training and capacity building activities to non-governmental and governmental partners.
- Carry out assessment visit to detention settings and urban locations ad conduct screening interviews of vulnerable migrants. Develop assistance plans with victims of trafficking and other vulnerable migrants to provide them with sustainable assistance tailored to their needs.
- Conduct focus group discussions and information sessions to vulnerable populations in detention centres, disembarkation points and other places where migrants, IDPs, returnees and vulnerable host communities may reside.
- Provide training and guidance to protection case workers on trafficking in persons.
- Assist in the development and maintaining of strong working relationships with government and non-government partners on counter trafficking issues.
- Conduct risk assessment screenings for vulnerable persons and VHR cases in close coordination with colleagues from Protection and VHR units and receiving missions where relevant;
- Participate in case-management meetings and protection working groups;
- Prepare regular reports on counter trafficking including human interest stories.
- Assist in the maintenance of all protection-related case-management records and files, in particular counter trafficking; provide statistics and data analysis as required with full respect to IOM data protection policy and the confidentiality of beneficiaries;
- Ensure full adherence to protection principles including Do No Harm throughout all facets of work, as well as adherence to IOM gender and PSEA policies;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Reporting to the Protection Officer
Key competencies• Completed university degree from an accredited academic institution in Political or Social Sciences, Development Studies, Social Work, Human Rights, International Relations or Law, or other relevant field;
• Minimum of Three years of professional experience in the field of migration and assistance to vulnerable populations with a Government or UN agency, or a regional or international organization in the Middle East and/or North Africa;
• Effective organizational skills and ability to establish priorities and plans, ability to work under pressure and cope with deadlines;
• Demonstrated problem solving attitude and skills;
• Good written and spoken communications skills, good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
• Fluent in English and Arabic, both written and spoken, knowledge of French is considered an advantage;
• Good knowledge of MS Office applications .e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve
shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others and building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.Team management
This role does not have team management responsibility.
To be advised.
How to apply
To apply follow the link below