Organization:Basmeh and Zeitooneh
Basmeh and Zeitooneh was launched in September 2012 with field visits to areas with high concentrations of the most marginalized and neediest Syrian refugees the main goal of the visits is to assess the needs and to fill the gaps left by other aid agencies. The organization is officially registered NGO in Lebanon in 2014.
Basmeh & Zeitooneh has established an office in Gaziantep and has started to work in Development and Relief domain as Syrian Civil Society Organization in 2014 & officially registered in 2015.
Basmeh & Zeitooneh in Turkey is pleased to announce this job opportunity in Gaziantep, Turkey.
Job Title:Protection Technical Coordinator (PTC)
Reports to:Project Manager
Line Management Responsibilities: None
Duration of Initial Contract:Full-time/ 12 Months, with possibility for extension
Protection Technical coordinator has the overall responsibility for providing technical inputs to all aspects of protection activities implemented in the field locations.
Duties, Responsibilities and Tasks:
· Establish new partnerships and working relationships with potential partners who have a mandate and expertise on protection programs, such as UNICEF, UNHCR etc.
· Take a lead role in developing protection policies and longer-term strategic plans in line with the organization overall strategy in close coordination with the operations team
· Take a lead role in formulating the project, results, frameworks, Logical framework, based on the needs, with an emphasis on the sustainability of programs.
· Responsible for the overall technical management of the protection activities in the project across the implementing areas.
· Undertake regular monitoring meeting with the field team in all project location and devise action plans (based on the outcome) to ensure continued support to the project field team as well as to improve quality of the program in line with the project objectives, technical requirements, strategies and donor compliances.
· Propose modifications to program approaches and strategies based on lessons learned, changing contexts, policy change and analysis of the ongoing program.
· Provide Continuous refresher training on protection / Child protection to all staff and partners.
· Play a leading role in capacity building of the team and partners to ensure they are equipped with required working knowledge and skills and adequately capable to fulfill their tasks with high standards and quality.
· Work in close coordination and Collaboration with other technical Coordinators and staffs to develop integrated project strategies, cost-effective methods, working approaches, tools/guides for project development and delivery.
· Represent the organization at external meetings, working groups and other events relevant to protection program, strategy, and policies.
· Work closely with the Project Manager to ensure the submission of timely, accurate and well-written donor reports and other reporting requirements of the protection program.
Qualifications and experience required:
· University degree or higher education relevant to human rights, law or other relevant field.
· Thorough understanding of best practices and strategies in protection programming such as protection monitoring, case management, referral systems, GBV and basic protection policies and principles.
· Basic understanding of International Human Rights and Refugee Law.
· At least 3 years of proven experience in implementation of protection programming in the field/ emergency settings.
· Strong program, technical and coordination skills
· Ability to organize and facilitate capacity-building initiatives, including trainings for colleagues and partners
· Familiarity with community-based protection programming and ability to incorporate lessons learned from similar experiences;
· Experience in implementing projects through local partners and providing direct technical support to local organizations
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Fluency in English and Arabic – both written and verbal.
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualification are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to:firstname.lastname@example.org(B&Z-TR-PTC)in the subject of their email.
CV should include: Education, Legal status, Location (city), Professional Experience, Qualifications.
Deadline is: 28 September 2018.
The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration. Only short listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for test and interview.