Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We have over two million supporters and reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Save the Children Somalia procures medical supplies and equipment through it Regional Office based in Nairobi and ships them to various locations of programming in Somalia/Somaliland.
- To partner with Airfreight service providers that are highly trained and with effective customer service representatives.
- To realize consistencies in reporting, by leveraging a preferred Service Provider.
- To partner with a Service Provider that is focused on the timely delivery of customer requests.
- To achieve the most competitive rates possible, while receiving the highest level of quality.
- To agree, set, and manage the account through a series of standard Key Performance Indicators.
Provide Airfreight services which includes but not limited to;
- The bidder shall at all times exercise reasonable care and professionalism in executing duties and shall act in good faith on behalf of the Save the Children Somalia /Somaliland while providing the airfreight services.
- Investigating and planning the most appropriate route for a cargo uplift, taking account of the perishable or hazardous nature of the goods, cost, transit time and security;
- Arranging appropriate pick up from supplier’s warehouses and provision of transit storage/space, taking account of climate, terrain, weight, nature of goods and cost, and the delivery and warehousing of goods at collection points and at their final destination;
- Providing cost effective transportation and handling costs;
- Obtaining, checking and preparing documentation to meet civil aviation authorities, customs and insurance requirements, packing specifications, and compliance with other countries’ regulations and fiscal regimes;
- Offering consolidation services by air, ensuring cost-effective and secure solutions to small shipments that have insufficient cargo to require their own dedicated units;
- Arranging air transport for urgent and high-value freight and managing the risk door to door;
- Dealing with special arrangements for transporting delicate cargoes, such as food and medical supplies;
- Arranging courier and specialist hand-carry services;
- Maintaining communication and control through all phases of the journey, including the production of management reports and statistical and unit cost analysis;
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations and other factors that could affect the movement of freight
- Arranging payment of freight and other charges or collection of payment on behalf of the client;
- Frequency of availability: all the time 24 hours
Responses should be submitted no later than February 26,2021, 5.00 PM, East Africa using the Bidder Response Document provided in Part 3 of this tender pack. For further guidance on how to submit your response, please follow the instructions detailed.
- To help us track our procurement effort, please indicate in your email where (ngotenders.net) you saw this tender/procurement notice.