Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Purpose of the Service
The purpose of this service is for customs clearing of all general cargo and delivery to designated destinations by road within Nigeria and shipping of general cargo (mostly personal effects of international staff) to various destinations around the world.
- • Clearing and forwarding from the port of entry: for air shipments Abuja and Lagos Airports, for sea shipment Lagos and Port Harcourt sea ports
- • Prepare consignments for on-forwarding including re-packing of damaged/torn packages
- • Provide all necessary equipment, facilities, qualified personnel, expertise and other means necessary to perform the transport, freight forwarding, and related services in in accordance with the best commercial practices
- • Inspection of incoming and outgoing consignments in regards to packing, strapping etc. All inspection must be recorded and reported
- • Deliver goods from ports to designated locations as prescribed by Save the Children List of goods
The main commodities to be cleared and forwarded are but not limited to the following:
- • Vehicles
- • IT equipment (Computers, Printers, etc.)
- • Therapeutic foods
- • Water, Health and Sanitation supplies and equipment
- • Telecommunication equipment
- • Pharmaceutical and health related supplies and equipment
The following value of volumes that can be procured under this prequalification outcome is estimated at NGN 100,000,000.
Your response to the call for tender may be received in the following formats:
Hard Copy Submission
Hard copy submission in sealed envelopes only. Envelope to be labelled the bid reference number “Response to the Tender ITT/ ABJ/2020/008”.
Kindly submit to this address: No 4 Danube Close, Off Danube Crescent, Maitama, Nigeria.
Deadline for submissions (hard and electronic copy): 17:00 on 12th January 2021.
Additional documents required that can demonstrate that the offer meets the essential and preferential criteria in order for your offer to be considered compliant. Incomplete offers can be considered null and void.
Electronic submissions are allowed. Only send to this email: Nigeria.email@example.com
Email subject must use this Format: ITT/ ABJ/2020/008 from “Name of Supplier” If attaching multiple or heavy files, please break up the attachments into multiple batches of less than 10MB per attachment. If sending more than one email, please still retain the email subject with an additional qualifier; E.g ITT/ ABJ/2020/008 from “Name of Supplier” Batch 1.
Any offer that is submitted after the deadline period may be rejected. Save the Children is not obliged to award the contract or even to grant it at least.
Should you require further information or clarification on the tender requirements, please contact following address: Nigeria.firstname.lastname@example.org org between the hours of 9.00 am and 5.00pm (All official communication should be in English language).
- Issue Tender Notice and Invitation to Tender 15 December 2020
- Return of tenders (Closing Date) 12 January 2021
- Procurement Committee Meetings 15 January 2021
- Bid clarifications as required 23 December 2020
- Prequalification/FWA notification 1 February 2021
- “Go-Live” with Supplier 1 February 2021
- To help us track our procurement effort, please indicate in your email where (ngotenders.net) you saw this tender/procurement notice.