The International Republican Institute (IRI) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, organization dedicated to advancing freedom and democracy worldwide. Since 1983, IRI has worked to develop democratic institutions and ideals, carrying out a variety of international programs to promote freedom, self-government and the rule of law worldwide. IRI provides technical assistance in the areas of political party strengthening, developing civic institutions and open elections, promoting democratic governance and advancing the rule of law.
Data visualization of poll results will maximize user access to the research, help identify trends and better communicate key findings. It will also allow users to further investigate and interact with survey results. IRI is producing Power BI based data dashboards to visualize the polling data for various programs. We need an IRI-wide contract for one or more Power BI consultants to produce these dashboards according to our specifications.
Statement of Work
The consultant will be issued individual task-orders for the creation of Power BI dashboards, generally based on data from a specific IRI public opinion survey.
- The consultant will use Power BI desktop to build one or more custom dashboard(s) to be embedded into IRI’s website (www.iri.org) with interactive graphics detailing poll results. See Tunisia and Western Balkans dashboards as examples of the required work.
- IRI will provide a template dashboard that includes some of the required DAX customization to be used as a reference point. IRI will also provide a list of approved colors, fonts etc. to ensure compliance with IRI’s design guidelines.
- The polling data results will be supplied to the consultant in Excel. This data stems from SPSS and is expected to be usable with minimal need for adjustments. At times, the consultant will be asked to collapse response categories (such as Don’t know and Refused to answer, or multiple education levels) in order to reduce the number of response options displayed on the dashboard. The excel file will also contain one of more weight columns that need to be employed to weight the data.
- IRI will further provide a storyboard or mock-up, consisting of various static graphs and variables (including filters) that IRI would like to see on the dashboard. The consultant is expected to review the storyboard, advise what is and is not feasible, and offer suggestions. The scope of each dashboard will then be jointly determined during a video-conference launch meeting between the consultant and the IRI team. Depending on the need and on the consultant’s preference, additional design conference calls can be scheduled throughout the dashboard creation phase. IRI is also available to provide interim feedback on draft dashboards.
- IRI has an in-house Power BI expert who will provide high-level guidance, but the consultant is expected to work largely independently. It is critical that the dashboard being created will be free of errors.
- This consulting position requires an intermediate to advanced level of experience with Power BI and data visualization. The consultant must be familiar with bookmarks, measures, and DAX. Understanding of polling data is preferred but not required.
- The consultant will be paid an hourly rate. Each individual task order will be issued with a ceiling of hours. Timely completion of each dashboard is essential, and the consultant will be expected to adhere to a milestone schedule provided by IRI along with the task order.
- The consultant will sign a non-disclosure agreement protecting the IRI supplied polling data from any and all use outside the parameters of this project.
- IRI’s standard working hours are 9am to 6 pm Monday through Friday, but the consultant may arrange with IRI to work alternative hours, including evenings. However, the consultant will be required to be available at least once during IRI’s working hours for the launch call. Work will be performed remotely
Fully functional, error-free Power BI dashboard(s) for polling data. If relevant, code is expected to be annotated. If relevant, additional materials such as source files will also be provided
All proposals submitted to IRI must include:
- Information addressing Bidder’s experience in providing each of the services identified in the above Statement of Work and Bidder’s proposed specific approach for providing those services to IRI under this contract, including sufficient information to determine a clear definition of services as it relates to other providers that may be involved.
- The name, address, and telephone and facsimile numbers of the Bidder (and electronic address if available). If the Bidder is a firm, name(s) should be provided for individuals authorized to conduct business on behalf of the firm.
- Bidders may provide a list of up to three references for work performed of a similar nature during the last three years, along with contact details. IRI may contact the references to evaluate past performance.
- If the Bidder is a U.S. organization/resident, or a foreign organization/resident which has income effectively connected with the conduct of activities in the U.S. or has an office or a place of business or a fiscal paying agent in the U.S., the information submitted must contain Bidder’s Taxpayer Identification Number.
- Proposals will not exceed 5 pages (Times New Roman, 12-point font) not including cover page.
- Proposals from companies must contain the CVs of the Key Personnel
- Proposals submitted by individuals must contain the attached Expert Service Rate Form and a CV/resume.
- Proposals should address the following points:
- Detail experience with Power BI and data visualization
- Detail experience with DAX
- Provide examples of dashboards created in Power BI
- Provide details on how the integrity of IRI supplied polling data will be maintained on personal equipment.
- Provide proof offeror has completed projects with a similar scope of work (links to or images of previous work).
Bidders must propose a firm-fixed Unit Price for each of the deliverables identified below and in the format of the table below. The Bidder’s pricing must be valid for at least 60 (sixty) calendar days after the due date for proposal submission. The proposed Unit Price should be fixed and inclusive of all costs to perform, including inspection services, transportation, taxes, import duties (if any), and other levies. To the extent that a Bidder proposed to include any pricing not reflected in the table below, such pricing must be fully described in the proposal. Proposals must be submitted in USD, payments under any resulting contract will be made in this currency
Bids must be submitted via email to Jennifer Linscott at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “IRI2019ALL04o” by the deadline listed above.
16 Dec 2020This tender is still open.
16 Nov 2020This tender is still open.
18 May 2020This tender is still open.
20 Apr 2020This tender is still open.
1 Apr 2020This tender is still open.
20 Feb 2020This tender is still open.
21 Jan 2020This tender is still open.
16 Jan 2020This report has been closed.
17 Dec 2019This tender is still open.
16 Dec 2019This report has been closed.
18 Nov 2019This tender is still open.