Under the overall guidance of the IOM Chief of Mission, the overall supervision of the Head, Community Stabilization Unit and the direct supervision of the Protection Coordinator, and in close collaboration with Heads of Units and Offices, the incumbent will be responsible for technical oversight and day-to-day management of IOM’s prevention and response to sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA) and safe programming activities. They will also act as the designated internal PSEA focal point, in coordination with Chief of Mission.
Specifically, they will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver protection mainstreaming trainings for IOM staff, partners, and key institutional stakeholders, with the support of the Senior Protection Assistant (Capacity Building);
- Provide safe programming support across IOM Units, including Preparedness and Response Unit (Camp Coordination and Camp Management, Shelter/NFI, and Health), Return and Recovery Unit, Migration Management Unit, and Community Stabilization Unit;
- Facilitate the development of an operational PSEA 2020-2021 Work Plan for IOM Iraq, in line with IASC’s PSEA Minimum Operating Standards (MOS) and the UNCT country level framework and work plan, through strategic workshops with Heads of Units and other senior management; ensure the resulting work plan is detailed and operational with clear actions, timeframes, technical and resource requirements, and internal reporting requirements.
- Support teams, programs and support units to work towards mitigating SEA risks that have been identified in the SEA risk assessment;
- Work closely with HR colleagues, supervise and track PSEA trainings delivered to persons employed by IOM, IOM partners, and other key stakeholders, in close coordination with unit focal points;
- Work closely and oversee, in coordination with the HR and Protection team members who are trained as PSEA trainers, to ensure high quality PSEA training and awareness raising of reporting mechanisms;
- Support and oversee, in coordination with HR and Protection colleagues who deliver the trainings in updating training modules/modality (i.e. online trainings due to covid-19);
- Support the in-country PSEA taskforce through active engagement with the other organisations and agencies involved in the taskforce; provide feedback on operational guidelines and SOPs; ensure the internal IOM processes reflect these guidelines and SOPs;
- Facilitate the establishment of a community-based complaints mechanism, in coordination with the Iraq PSEA Network, as outlined by the PSEA TF Framework;
- Undertake a mission-wide SEA risk assessment to learn locations and programs with the highest risk and ways to mitigate against the same;
- Work closely with the CoM and Heads of Units to fulfil PSEA requirements for programming and interventions;
- With the support of the CoM, ensure PSEA and safe programming is integrated throughout the Iraq mission’s interventions;
- Support units to incorporate targeted and effective PSEA inputs into donor reports and proposals;
- In coordination with relevant colleagues, work closely with Focal Points at the IOM Regional Office in Cairo and headquarters to ensure IOM Iraq’s prevention, mitigation and response mechanisms are in line with HQ’s PSEA strategy;
- Act as primary focal point for PSEA cases in terms of reporting and response, and work closely with HQ advice and response recommendations;
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned.
· Master’s degree in Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Social Sciences, Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
· University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
Experience & Skills
· Experience working in the field of protection of refugees, internally displaced people, and/or migrants;
· Experience working with Code of Conduct/PSEA complaints or intake committees;
· Experience developing and delivering trainings on PSEA, safe programming, or other relevant protection topics;
· Experience in undertaking remote desktop reviews and risk assessments resulting in high quality analytical reports and recommendations for risk mitigation;
· Demonstrated ability to work across a wide variety of sectors/teams on cross-cutting themes;
· Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination and safety of clients at all times;
· Good written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties;
· Ability to organize work, work independently and prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail;
· Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
· Fluency in English is required, and Arabic is desirable.
· Any other language is an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values –all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:**
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies– behavioural indicators *level 2**
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies– behavioural indicatorslevel 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via a link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.