Organization: People in Need
Location: Eastern Ukraine, based in Slavyansk (Government Controlled Area of Donetsk region)
Starting date: Immediately/according to availability
Duration: 12 months with the possibility of extension
Deadline for submitting: October12th, 2018.
People in Need (PIN) is a Czech Republic-based NGO working in the relief and development sectors. PIN opened its humanitarian response in Eastern Ukraine in early August 2014 and the programs have been rapidly expanding since then. Currently, PIN is a major humanitarian actor in Eastern Ukraine and continues to provide neutral and independent humanitarian assistance to conflict-affected people. So far PIN has implemented several programmes of shelter, protection, livelihoods, cash assistance and WASH and supported nearly 2 000 000 vulnerable IDPs, returnees and host communities.
PIN representative office is located in Kiev. PIN’s field office in Slavyansk functions as the main base for PIN’s humanitarian operations in the government-controlled areas (GCA) and supporting office for PIN field office in Stakhanov (Luhansk non-GCA).
PIN is looking for a Psychosocial Support Advisor to the mission in Ukraine. Under overall supervision of the Head of Programs, PSS Advisor provides technical and advisory support to the Protection Department on psychosocial intervention. PSS Advisor closely cooperates with the Protection Program Manager.
For PIN’s activities in Ukraine, please see more at https://www.clovekvtisni.cz/en/humanitary-aid/country/ukraine.
- provide technical and advisory support and expertise on psychosocial intervention in accordance with international standards, best practices;
- facilitate the increase and expansion of local knowledge on effective and professional approaches to psychosocial support and mental health services;
- assess effectiveness and efficiency of PIN psychosocial programs, including compliance of their setup and practical methodologies with international technical standards, and propose written recommendations for improvement;
- monitor the implementation of the project at locations, including the quality of providing psychosocial services (individual and group consultations, awareness activities of psychologists);
- develop and implement diagnostic methodology within the framework of the project on the basis of international practice;
- provide supervisory monitoring to project workers during their direct services to affected population and follow up with actions on their performance improvement as needed;
- review activity reports to ensure they comply with technical standards of psychosocial support, and inquire additional input to the report from program staff as needed;
- write monthly progress report on services provided, which will include written conclusions and recommendations regarding the quality and result-based progress of psychosocial support activities;
- ensure the non-disclosure of confidential information of the organization and personal data of employees or third parties that became known in the process of service delivery.
- English and Russian proficiency is compulsory
- Advanced professional university or degree in psychology, social work
- At least 5 years professional experience working on PSS, including working in humanitarian crisis/conflict-settings
- International experience of PSS intervention in the context of on-going armed conflict is an advantage
- Experience and knowledge of developing/designing and implementing PSS projects
- Experience in carrying out capacity building of frontline workers is advantage
- Good knowledge of international/national standards, procedures for PSS intervention, and PSS trends
- Knowledge of local dynamics in Eastern Ukraine
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work through networking and partnerships
- Strong analytical skills
Kindly send us your cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English at email@example.com. The selection process will be done on competitive basis and candidates are going to be evaluated according to criteria set in the Purchase request.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.