Chemonics seeks a public administration senior regional advisor for an anticipated USAID-funded program with a regional focus on the Amazon Basin. The South America Regional Initiative for Transnational Conservation Crimes (TCC) will support collaboration and innovation among governments, the private sector, and civil society across six Amazon Basin countries to address conservation crimes and cross-border trade in illegal natural-resource commodities and enhance incentives for licit Amazon supply chains. This position will be based in Lima, Peru. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Prepare and lead technical implementation of public administration–related activities, especially those related to environmental justice and law enforcement, customs, and finance
- Foster and manage relationships with regional and international public administration entities, law-enforcement agencies, and/or other relevant stakeholders in the Amazon biome
- Report to the chief of party and work with other senior regional advisors to provide strategic analyses and reporting of program activities and operations.
- Advanced degree in public administration, public policy, environmental law, natural-resource management, business administration, finance, or a related field
- Minimum 12 years of experience in public administration and finance, environmental law, conservation, environmental management, and/or public policy in Amazon Basin countries, preferably in Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, and/or Brazil
- Demonstrated experience in Amazon Basin countries building alliances and strengthening the regional capacity of a broad array of public, private, and civil society institutions, especially those related to environmental justice systems and law enforcement
- Knowledge of regional, national, and international institutional, cooperation, and regulatory frameworks for transboundary conservation crime in the Amazon Basin
- Hands-on experience at the national and regional levels in innovative public policy and programs to disrupt supply chains and create incentives to deter illicit transboundary trade and commerce in natural resources
- Proven experience navigating complex and high-pressure operating environments
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills, and exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish and English required; Portuguese proficiency preferred
How to apply
Please submit an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Public Administration Senior Regional Advisor” in the subject line to AmazonTCCrecruit@chemonics.com. No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.