Organization: Oxfam GB
We are looking for a dynamic person to work with others to support communities affected by emergencies, mobilising them to act to protect themselves from threats to their life, health and dignity. To work closely with others departments so as PHE/EFSVL/Protection to ensure integrated and coherent response.
The post holder may be required to do some or all of the following, depending on the context.
· Lead complex partnership and collaborations with wide range of stakeholders
· To manage or support PHP activities integration with hardwares in the areas where Oxfam is responding
· To assist in programme and approach design and to provide technical support to write proposals for both short term and long term WASH programming in ever changing context.
· To ensure that all Oxfam’s & partners work is to a suitable standard as laid out in the Oxfam minimum requirements document .
· To ensure there is regular communication between the PHE and PHP teams but also Protection, cross cutter and FSC team where information can be transferred and shared between Oxfam field bases and partners.
· Work in close collaboration with Gender and MEAL teams
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
· A suitable qualification in any discipline relating to Public Health Promotion is the necessary educational background. Experience could substitute for a formal qualification, but not vice versa.
• Proven experience in responding to and leading scale up of large scale complex (refdugee) emergencies working through multiple paretnership and collaborative models
• Experience on outbreak prevention at community level and knowledge on wash in nut will be a plus.
• Experience of PHP/community mobilisation capacity building in different cultures and with people of varying educational background.
• Flexibility, stamina and ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, to work unsociable hours as necessary and ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
• Proven collaborative, and self-management and people management skills, including flexibility and respect for others and working with partners.
· Commitment to humanitarian principles and action and to Oxfam’s equal opportunity and gender policies.
· Demonstrated experience of integrating gender and diversity issues into water and sanitation programmes
· Strong assessment, analytical and planning skills.
· Sound understanding of the importance of gender and participation in programme implementation; sensitive to the needs of displaced and disadvantaged populations.
· Committed to humanitarian principles and minimum standards for Humanitarian response
· Good spoken and written English; demonstrated ability to learn another local language.
· Ability to work effectively under stress in emergency situations, in a leadership role and/or as part of a team and partner.
· Experience of having led or coordinated inter sector coordination initiatives would be an advantage.
· Familiarity with a range of computer programmes
More detailed of the key responsibilities, skills and competencies, please visit https://jobs.oxfam.org.ukby using the Job Reference Number INT4934
If you feel you can make a difference please visit https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk by using the Job Reference Number INT4934 (Please follow the proper procedure. Sending of irrelevant documents will be counted as disqualification.)
Application Deadline: 21 October 2018 by 5:00 pm
**Oxfam is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those that are suitable to work within our values are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of **screening checks. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any persuasion will disqualify the candidature