Organization:UN Children’s Fund
Come and join our team support the UNICEF Papua New Guineas Operations and provide the best executive expertise to support the Deputy Representatives office in PNG – Post # 103515
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential to the benefit of a better world.
UNICEF Papua New Guinea has more than 30 people working to promote and protect the rights of children. We aim to provide the best quality of life for every Papuan child through programmes that help them survive and flourish. Our vision is of a country whereall children in Papua New Guinea enjoy their rights and have a bright future within caring and protective families and communities.
As a leading child rights advocacy organization, UNICEFPapua New Guinea will advocate that every child in PNG has the environment they need for their growth, development and security;increase the number of organizationsinvolved in securing the higheststandards of care for children and the fulfillment of their rights; and, as managers of resources for all children, operate in a way that is transparent, effective and accountable.
Please read more on UNICEF Papua New Guinea programs:https://www.unicef.org/png/
Purpose for the job: Under the supervision and guidance of the Deputy Representative, the Programme Assistant supports the front office through providing administrative executive support, a range of procedural, administrative, and operational tasks and responsibilities to ensure the smooth running of the Dep Representatives office. The incumbent will support the Deputy Representative in maintaining up to date and accurate records of all transactions processed, calendar & key annual programme events, key stake holders contacts, arrange for key internal and external meetings, and ensure all SAP financial and contractual transactions are properly processed and channeled to the different programme sections to ensure timely financial and programme implementation of UNICEF projects.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Researches, analyses, verifies, and compiles qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the Dep Reps office to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations.
- Carries out transactions in SAP ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are accurate, supporting documents are available and cleared by the relevant officers and the Deputy Representative as needed, and makes amendments when necessary.
- Monitors and tracks documents in and out of the Deputy Reps office to ensure proper documents, accurate information and smooth knowledge transfer and exchange.
- Prepares summary information as per the request of the supervisor for different programme activities, project implementation liaising with all programme sections.
- Support the Deputy Representative in monitoring budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, and keep the supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
- Support the Deputy Representative in researching, analyzing, and verifying data and information in support of preparing reports pertaining to donors (both current and potential).
- Assist in the preparation of periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the dep representative in optimizing use of programme funds.
- Carries out transactions in SAP pertaining to grants for the Dep Representative such as registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants.
To qualify as a champion for every child you will should have
Completion of High school supplemented by university degree and/or courses in administration, business management, political science, accounting, or any other relevant courses and Diplomas is an asset.
Five years of professional experience in business management and administration is required. Experience in an international organization and/or large corporation is an asset.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Experience in database packages, web based management systems (preferably SAP) is an asset.
Fluency in written and oral English is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results. Functional Competencies: Leading and Supervising, Formulating Strategies and Concepts, Analyzing, Relating and Networking, Deciding and Initiating Action (, Applying Technical Expertise. To view our competency framework, please clickhere UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are….
View our competency framework at;
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following linkhttp://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=516572