This role will support the various Country Offices in East and South Africa, with short to midterm Awards Coordination support. The Roving Awards (Grants) Coordinator will when in-country support the Country Awards Lead in the planning, securing and managing of both development and humanitarian awards. The position plays a lead role in award information management and shares and coordinates information across departments when in country. Additionally, he/she will support the Head of Strategic Portfolio and Awards Management with dedicated support on high risk awards; and providing analysis; compliance capacity building and monitoring of all phases of awards. This role supports various countries in the ESA region, requiring up to 80% of travel
Qualifications and Experience
* Undergraduate Degree in Business, Social Sciences, Finance, Accounting or any other related degree
* Minimum 3 years’ working in International Development with a specific emphasis of Fund Management, Project Management and / or Risk Management
* At Least 3 years’ experience managing and / or implementing USAID/USG grants or contracts
* Knowledge of guidelines / regulations and reporting requirements of major donors such as EU, DFID, ECHO, UN agencies, DANIDA.
* Experience in proposal development and coordination processes for complex awards.
* Demonstrable financial skills, particularly, budget development, BvA Analysis and reporting
* Ability to engage with and coordinate across multiple stakeholder groups.
* Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people
* Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure
* Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a workload comprised of varying and changing tasks and responsibilities
* Strong communication (written and spoken) in the local language and minimum intermediate level in English.
* Very strong capacity for attention to detail, problem solving, and analysis of trends.
* Computer literate with very strong excel and analytical skills
* Understanding of SCI Award Management Processes
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website atwww.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents