The Regional Change & Deployment Manager is a role within the Change Deployment Team that was created in 2016 to deliver a number of high priority projects implementing new systems and business processes across Save the Children International (SCI)’s 55 country offices.
The Regional Change Manager has responsibility for managing the change and deployment operational activities for these priority projects across a number of countries in one region (in this case, WCA). He/She is responsible for supporting the country offices with project management for each global project, advising the country offices on effective change interventions and engaging the West and Central Africa regional office in the deployment.
For 2019, the post holder will be responsible for completing some or all change and deployment activities relating to the implementation of a new global HR system (Oracle) to the remaining country offices in West and Central Africa, various aspects of supply chain improvement activities and the deployment of a new Source to Pay and Accounts Payable system in a number of country offices.
Qualifications and experience
* Bachelor’s Degree with experience in Management Consulting, Organisation Development or Project Management
* 4+ years’ experience of leading the delivery of major projects affecting business processes and systems in a large organisation
* Experience working in an international and Africa-wide context
* Proven ability to influence at all levels within an organization without direct authority
* Good understanding of project processes: planning, schedule, deliverable review, status reporting, etc.
* Excellent communication skills, with ability to frame change message and facilitate discussion
* Fluent in written and spoken English and French
* Willingness and ability to travel within the region for circa 60%
* A commitment to Save the Children values
* Prior experience within an INGO
Contract length: 02 Years
LOCATION: West & Central Africa (WCA) Regional Office or an agreed Country Office in WCA, with frequent travel (60%) within the region
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
A copy of the full role profile can be found below
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
* Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
* Candidates from West and Central Africa are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.