Mobile technology is revolutionizing how organizations engage with their end users. More than 96% of the world’s population has access to a mobile phone, meaning it is now possible to reach nearly every single person on the planet. Yet 3 billion people living in emerging markets still lack access to relevant, timely, and engaging information in their local languages, and their voices remain underheard. The organizations that serve them lack the technology and capacity to reach them, and many are unaware of the power of mobile technology to meet their organizational goals.
Viamo connects individuals and organisations using digital technology to make better decisions.
With more than 23 million people reached in 2020 alone, we are well on our way to meeting our goal of reaching 50M people annually by 2023.
About the role
The Regional Director is responsible for supporting country programs across the region to ensure that they are strong organizations with programmatic vision and results that align with Viamo’s mission and strategic plan. You will have significant internal and external facing responsibilities ranging from providing leadership and assistance to country programs to driving improvements in global systems and standards by providing clear guidance and strategic support. The Regional Director will work closely with the Chief Program Officer, Country Managers (CMs), and other teams to chart the region’s future growth and strategic response to an ever-increasing demand for Viamo services.
- Ensure the success of Viamo’s country programs in the region
- Drive impact and new business development, supporting CMs in existing Viamo countries and leading on opportunities where there is no CM. This includes building relationships, developing technical approaches, preparing budgets, and compiling proposal packets
- Drive global best practice and mastery of Viamo’s product suite among Programs staff in the region
- Lead expansion to new countries in the region: secure agreements with a Mobile Network Operator (MNO) and anchor client, lead CM recruitment and onboarding.
Key Performance Indicators
- CMs in supervised countries achieve their annual KPIs:
- Impact (listeners & key messages)
- Bookings (in-country margin & large contracts)
- Revenue (total value & monthly variance)
- In new countries:
- CMs hired and onboarded
- MNO partnerships signed and operational
- Country office compliance achieved and maintained
- Large proposal success, as measured by signed teaming agreements and budget value of winning proposals
- Employee engagement and professional development of supervised CMs
Team and Reporting Structure
- Reporting to relevant Chief Programs Officer
- Supervising Country Managers in select markets. An illustrative list is below (E indicates existing Viamo program, N indicates new Viamo program):
- AWA: Nigeria (E), Ghana (E), Liberia (N), Sierra Leone (N)
Regional Director will ideally be based in their region of responsibility.
- Experience living and working in the region
- Experience of 10+ years in: social enterprise, INGO, ICT4D/tech startup, or mobile network operator
- 3+ years experience in the international development sector
- Experience of multi-country management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Excellent problem-solving skills, proposal writing and budgeting skills
- Proven business development success
- Proven project and team management expertise
- Ability to travel to all Viamo countries within the region
- Proficiency in regionally-applicable languages
How to apply
Apply with your CV and a short cover letter here.