Your role will be to support the Country Office finance teams in the region, helping them to consolidate information, to provide analysis and to facilitate effective business processes and workflows.
In providing high quality support to Country Office finance teams, you will be part of the team effort for monthly, quarterly and annual financial processes. In this role, you are expected to leverage financial analysis techniques, tools, and software to provide insights. You will need to provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting. You will be a go-to partner to provide support/guidance to Country Offices on system/technical queries for financial reports, charts, tables and other exhibits. You will be highly motivated, articulate and comfortable with a diverse Finance role covering a variety of Country Offices, whilst working closely with the Regional Finance management. To thrive in this role, you must be highly driven and a self-starter to achieve excellence.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- Accounting, commerce or business administration degree from a leading university, or equivalent qualification.
Experience And Skills
- At least 3 years of country or regional financial management experience in a complex commercial or development sector organization
- Significant budgeting experience, understanding of budgeting and forecasting.
- Proficient on accounting principles and standards. Experience with multi ledger accounting
- Computer fluency; highly competent using MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and experience working in complex financial systems like Sun systems, Agresso, PeopleSoft etc
- Other analytical and statistics software skills will be an asset
- A flair for figures and analysis
- Strong analytical, problem solving and advanced financial modelling skills and ability to present complex financial information in a succinct and compelling manner
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral English and French), including the ability to communicate and present to key stakeholders at all levels within the organisation.
- Self-driven change-agent and excellent capacity building skills
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with high levels of change and quick turnaround times, whilst delivering to the highest standards
- Excellent attention to detail; planning and forecasting skills
- Cultural awareness and the ability to work collaboratively in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Personal circumstances and commitment to travel to all COs in the region; 10-20% travel.
- Commitment to Save the Children values
Contract length: 02 years
Type of Contract: National
Work location: West and Central Africa (in one of the countries where SCI operates)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=Qi5GYXllLjY3NDM0LjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZ…