· Develops and executes a plan to support country operations in Africa ensuring equipment and vehicle maintenance requirements are met; assist with troubleshooting and repairs as needed in case of equipment breakdowns; and ensure all vehicles and equipment are safe to operate.
· Performs inspections and preventive maintenance of vehicles and equipment. Follows, or develops where absent, a checklist of inspection and maintenance procedures for all motorized vehicles and equipment (vehicles, trucks, motorcycles, drilling rigs, compressors, motor pumps, generators, etc.).
· Prepares and maintains records and reports.
· Provides advice and recommendations on equipment and vehicle purchases according to LWI Equipment Standardization Plan.
· Trains country teams on maintenance requirements, procedures and safety as relates to vehicles and equipment’s.
· Evaluates the mechanics countries use to validate their knowledge and notify country management of concerns (misdiagnosis, replacing unnecessary parts, theft, using sub-standard parts, overcharging, etc.).
· Reads and interprets diagnostic test results from diagnostic equipment such as multi meter, non-contact thermometer, compression tester both diesel and Gas engine, OBD II, onboard diagnostic computer, etc.
· Ensures that countries do routine maintenance, such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and parts. When a country is unable to due to lack of knowledge, qualified or trustworthy mechanic, do routine maintenance of vehicles and equipment that is due.
· Assists countries with setting up a warehouse of commonly needed spare parts.
· Repairs or replaces malfunctioning components, parts, and other mechanical or electrical equipment.
· Able to read and interpret parts, service manuals and schematics.
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
· Professional certification- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering and/or
· Minimum 10 years relevant work experience: mechanical skills
· Multi-cultural communication skills and experience
· Time management and ability to multi-task
· Commitment to Christian ethos of development
· Strong English language skills including excellent writing and presentation skills
· Willing to travel regionally up to 35 per cent of the time.
Suitably qualified candidates must submit a cover letter (one page only) explaining their suitability and a detailed CV (not more than 6 pages) with details of qualifications and work experience including 3 referees – professional, spiritual and general. All offers of employment are made contingent upon successful completion of all applicable background checks.
Applications to be submitted to the Regional Human Resource Manager for Africa via the following email address: email@example.com. by 26th Feb 2020. Please do not attach scanned certificates at this stage.
Should you be shortlisted you will be contacted within 4 weeks of the closing date.
Living Water Africa Region (Living Water International Affiliate) is an equal opportunity employer.**