World Vision International
Preferred location: Nairobi, Kenya. Other locations to be determined by home country of successful candidate within East and West Africa where WVI is registered to operate.
World Vision is a humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 40,000+ staff members working in more than 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
AsRegional Governance Advisor, East and West Africa, you will apply the relevant knowledge, skills and methods that promote the development of high performing national office governing boards and advisory councils that guide, protect and ensure the achievement of the World Vision Mission and Vision.
To this end, you will lead board development, provide and manage governance training, clarify decision rights and accountability in all aspects of World Vision governance in the two regions. As a member of the Global Governance Dept, you will support regional implementation of WVI’s best practice governance model by national boards, advisory councils and alignment with microfinance organizations boards. It also supports the Partnership national office governance Transition and Peer Review processes according to established standards. You will make an important contribution to governance policy development, research and creation of quality resource materials.
- Masters level or higher degree in related field such as Human Development, Law, Organisational Development, Corporate Business and related Management, or Governance.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the functioning of International NGOs such as World Vision in terms of their governance, management and operations.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of current board governance issues in the region and/or the world.
- Experience in senior management roles, including working directly under and reporting to a board, serving on a board, preferably including experience in the non-profit sector.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English is essential. French language skills is added advantage
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
- Must be a mature, committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this positiononlineandapply by the closing date 15 OCT 2018.For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website:www.wvi.org.Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.