• Regional HR\ Admin Assistant, Jordan
• JOD 10,824 gross per annum, subject to social security and income tax contribution and other benefits.
• Based in Amman, Jordan
• Scope for flexible working hours
• Opportunity to work for a leading organisation working with and for older people globally
If you’re looking to progress your career in a great working environment, please read on.
Our employees have a wide range of benefits including 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays), life insurance, enhanced maternity and adoption pay, and generous employer pension contribution. We also actively support our staff with a variety of flexible working arrangements to help balance work and home life.
HelpAge International’s vision is a world where older people fulfil their potential to lead active, dignified, healthy and secure lives. We are the secretariat of the HelpAge global network, bringing together more than 114 affiliates and 200 partners working with older people in over 50 countries.
To support HelpAge’s regional office in Amman for HR, administrative functions, including providing support for personnel files, carry out the national staff administration and the expatriate administration in the program and to follow up and monitor the right implementation of HAI policies and procedures following the RHRM
The Regional HR\ Admin Assistant should ensure the proper implementation of the following key tasks:
Carry out national and International personnel administration
• Ensure that international staff files are complete and staff information is followed-up
• Quality of payroll preparations\ Assistance, conformity with legal provisions and internal procedures, adherence to deadlines, quality of monitoring charts
• Update and follow up the national staff contracts (database)
• Assist in preparing and managing the national staff (EME) payroll
• Update and follow up the national staff leaves
• Prepare social security declarations for social security department / income tax declarations, under RHRM supervision.
• Follow up POL for national\ International staff
• Constitute and keep updated staff files for national\ International personnel
• Ensure health care coverage and monitor the provided service, and do follow ups with Health Insurance company, Health Insurance administration
• Follow up on national staff appraisal with managers, in the RO and EME Region\ Country Offices.
• Maintain a staff register or any other legally required records for expat staff, that includes, Visas, residencies, work permits, and keep an up to date database
• Assist in the preparation of any required report under RHRM guidance.
• Send variable pay data (rent contribution, advance on salary) and information relating to the records of expatriate programme employees to Finance department, as well as to keep an up to date records within the HRD
• Monthly update the expat staff data base and ensure a clear relevant filing system for all the HR relevant document (mission order, insurance and work contract). Alert in case of document missing or out of date
• Follow up the expat flight ticket in or leaving Jordan
• Manage the payments of expat school and update the follow up table, records
• Expat contract FU (database)
• Assist in the preparation of any required report
Assist the HR Manager in the management of recruitment, training and appraisals processes, and adherence to HR processes within the timeframes accorded
• Follow-up and update the recruitment file, procedures and tools been used for recruiting, ensuring the proper files docs are in the recruitment file.
• Prepare the vacancy announcement and publication
• Support the HR Manager in the 1st screening of the applications\ CVs
• Arrange for tests and Interviews that includes contacting candidates in a timely manner
• Organise the required arrangement for the test and prepare the schedule, maintain confidentiality while dealing with the confidential recruitment info
• Communicate with unsuccessful candidate (apologies) and inform the successful candidate and offering the job.
• Conduct reference checks
• Update the recruitment table for EME- RO national\ International staff
• Prepare induction plans for new hires
• Collect all programme training needs, compiling data, and preparing the final training agenda
• Develop training provider’s database
• Collect all programme appraisals information, compiling the final appraisal schedule
• Assist the RHRM in any other tasks that may not be described in the Job description and yet may participate to the achievement of the settled objectives within the individual\ Department action plan.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
The ideal candidate will have:
• BA degree in Business Administration or any related field,
• Substantial experience minimum of 1 year and up to 3 years in an HR department in t an appropriate level, with sound understanding of HR Functionalities; preferably with INGO’s, UN agencies
• Experience in implementing human resources policies and practices
• Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to present Human Resources matters to non-HR people in both Arabic and English
• Good computer skills in MS Word, Excel and word processing and any previous experience with HRMIS
• Experience and commitment to work with and for disadvantaged people, preferably older people
• Experience of producing presentation materials e.g. Power Point
• Knowledge of the geography and culture of the Eurasia and Middle East region
Closing date: 26th of September 2018
Start date: During October 2018
This post is open for Nationals Only
HelpAge International is an equal opportunities employer.
HelpAge International encourages older people and people with disabilities from those who possess the minimum requirements of the post to apply.
HelpAge International is committed to providing our staff with continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to thrive within an inclusive and diverse environment. As part of our commitment to promoting gender diversity, we are a member of the Business in the Community gender campaign