Organization: Danish Refugee Council
Overall purpose of the role
- Provide overall advice, coordination, and technical support to the Human Resources team
- Ensure efficient support to the program in accordance with existing DRC policies and procedures
Geographic scope: Regional (West Africa)
This role has a regional focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the whole regional area. The role contributes to the development of regional strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing activities with regional scope. The role reports to the Regional Head of Support Services
Human Resources Support
- Provide technical support and advice to the Human Resources staff in the countries of the region
- Advise and assist managers in Human Resources related issues and concerns
Recruitment, development and people planning
- Drive specific recruitments in the regional office and support recruitments for F-level for the countries in the regional ensuring compliance with recruitment process
- Work with regional senior management team and senior staff on new staff retention strategies and initiatives
- Ensure proper onboarding process for the regional staff and support onboarding initiatives in the country offices
- Ensure oversight and consistency in position titles and grades, across all field locations in the region
- Support staff development activities including promoting the DRC Learning Catalogue.
Performance, well-being and compensations & benefits
- Proactively support performance counselling, employee grievances and disciplinary issues as required, with a focus on building manager competency and ensuring that documentation is kept in the region
- Support the performance management process
- Ensure disciplinary procedures are administered in an equitable and fair manner and meets all legal and labor regulations and requirements for regional office employees
- Support people well-being initiatives
- Define and review salary structure in partnership with the Senior Management team and coordinate annual compensation review process and compensation adjustments
Human Resources Policies and Support
- Maintain and update Staff Human Resources Handbooks as necessary for regional office and support to the country operations
- Proactively pursue continuous process improvement in Human Resources related practices in order to enhance the quality and efficiency of output/delivery.
- Work closely with HQ to share information and provide support as required
- Minimum 3-5 years’ working experience in Human Resources within an NGO
- Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge/experience of Human Resources Management principles, concepts & processes
- Excellent skills in handling and advising on complex people management issues
- Experience in developing Human Resources strategies and policies, and driving implementation
- Experience using an online system for recruitments
- Full professional proficiency in English and French
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- Master’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business, or Social Science Degree specializing in Human Resources
What we offer
2 years contract (beginning date 16 June) in Dakar, Senegal (family duty station – accompanied position)
Please submit your application through drc.ngo. Applications submitted by email will not be accepted. Closing date for applications: 30 April 2019