Organization: World Vision
World Vision International
World Vision is a humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Regional IT Director, North America, you will be responsible for providing IT leadership in the region, managing and maintaining global IT processes and standards in the region. You will be managing multiple IT processes and is accountable for IT services in the region.
You will have responsibility for activities that contribute to planning, creating and implementing an IT vision and strategy that is aligned with the global IT strategic plan so as to enable the regional business strategy. You will provide input to the development of global IT standards, technology architecture, technology evaluation and transfer. You will manage small to large teams of IT staff in the region who are responsible for delivering and supporting IT solutions for the business and customers and provide technical and business leadership to IT team in the region as well as to the business.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Requires leadership, business knowledge, negotiation skills and experience/in-depth knowledge of IT infrastructure operations and/or software implementation and support across multiple countries.
- Requires demonstrated ability to launch and deliver one or more IT project(s) across multiple countries on time and within budget.
- Typically has 10 to 15 years of IT and business/industry work experience, with knowledge of one process/service.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, as necessary.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
- Industry certifications from Microsoft, Cisco, ITIL, ISACA, PMI, etc.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 28 SEP 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.